• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

BOred Bunny

Caits

Young Bun
What toys can i give my bunny in his hutch or run during the day, my sister who also has rabbits suggested i put peanuts in a plastic bottle becuse her rabbits have hours of fun getting them out. But harvey just bites the bottle and throws it somewhere and ignores have you got any good ideas for home meade toys to keep him amused.

My bunnies love playing with cardboard tubes, you know the ones from inside a toilet roll/kitchen roll, and you can stuff them with hay. They also like cardboard boxes of any size to jump on/hide in and chew :)

Basil and Rosemary have an empty toilet tube, it doesnt last very long! they chew it, bite it and just throw it around the hutch or room! rosemary will play tug a war with me if she is in the mood!
hope it helps :)

Mine like those woven hay balls, they can fling them about at each other and then eat them when the violence has lost its thrill.

Mine love boxes, I put them in the pen all neat and tidy then they move it about, then chew it to pieces! Good job I know someone who works for a packaging company!!

Not really home-made, but do consider one of those treat balls.... a good investment.

You can fill it with his usual food from his bowl, and he can have fun pushing it around to get the food out.

It might take him a little while to work out (consider filling it with something yummy like finely chopped carrot first time) but once he's got the hang of it, I'm sure it will be a favourite. Mine would rather spend half an hour chasing the "magic" ball around instead of eating food out of a dish!

Pendragon said:
Not really home-made, but do consider one of those treat balls.... a good investment.

We've got one of those. Makes a terrible mess, but they seem to think that the food inside must be tastier because it's so much harder to get at.

Mine have littel cats balls with rattly bits in to push around, all the other suggestions and also they have a bunny rattle to pick up (toss & flip they are called from pet shops) also blankie to move and stuff and they like digging in our gravel so consider a little digging box for them!

Anna, Bob & dexter xx

Mubby has a mixture of everything above!! I just give him different things all time!!

something new to play with!

anything!!

doesnt have to be expensive ...as long as its bunny safe he will play with anything! :lol:

I gave my Harlie lops two flower pots because they were intent on mounting each other and one was loosing a lot of fur :roll:

They loved them! I had empty pots in less than ten minutes, refill with shredded paper and leaves and they go for hours

Thanks I'll give them a go.Your rabbits all sound so cheery and playful,Harveys a bit of a moody one. It might just be hes a teenager....still he should ge better once neutered maybe then he'll be in a better mood to play. :)

JINGLE BALLS

Anything that rattles or makes a noise - preferably at 6.30 am in the morning - who needs an alarm clock eh!!

Also Cardboard - I brought a Cardboard Castle thingy last year - this unfortunately did not last five mins with my bunsters but they love the panels and love to toss them about the place :lol: :lol:

Back