• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

*Jellybean* is here!

Beapig

Mama Doe
I say 'she' - we still don't know the gender for sure, but it looks like the bunny has a dewlap so I'm guessing a doe.

Despite being described as aggressive by her previous owner, she doesn't seem that way at all. Definitely nervous and not used to humans, but we have her set up in our spare room now so I hope we can start to gain her trust.

She looks in much better condition than Plumpkin when we first got her but definitely overweight. Definitely NOT a giant as described - she is smaller than Plumpkin - closer to Hamilton in size.

20181220_160440 by Rachel Brown, on Flickr

20181220_160619 by Rachel Brown, on Flickr

I've done my best to make the room as nice as possible. It's the most undecorated, run down room in our house - the walls need re-plastering and it's just bare floorboards. We just had our bathroom renovated and luckily there were a lot of spare tiles, so I laid them on cardboard to make a nicer floor for her. I'm a bit worried that she hates the feeling of the floor because she just likes to sit on the pile of grass I got for her.

This is just for a few months - in Spring we'll hopefully bond her with our trio. I hope this is a comfortable enough setup for now. I have one of those £25 Bunny Business huts on its way in the post for a sleeping area.

20181220_160144 by Rachel Brown, on Flickr

Tomorrow is my birthday. The greatest gift is that we're giving her a loving forever home :love:

Last edited:
Awwww she's lovely :love:

Perhaps you could put an few rugs/ Vetbed on the tiles, if you put a building brick at each corner of the rug/ Vetbed it'll stop the rugs/vetbed from slipping when she hops on it x

Awwww she's lovely :love:

Perhaps you could put an few rugs/ Vetbed on the tiles, if you put a building brick at each corner of the rug/ Vetbed it'll stop the rugs/vetbed from slipping when she hops on it x

Good idea JJ! I don't have any vetbeds but I do have some old towels that I could put down. I was actually looking at Vetbed earlier today and debating if I should buy one.

How beautiful :love:

If she isn't moving around much it might be the tiles are difficult for her, she may prefer the bare floorboards. If both are difficult try throwing down an old quilt cover, fleece or blanket. This works a treat for my Mousey who won't move on alot of floor surfaces x

How beautiful :love:

If she isn't moving around much it might be the tiles are difficult for her, she may prefer the bare floorboards. If both are difficult try throwing down an old quilt cover, fleece or blanket. This works a treat for my Mousey who won't move on alot of floor surfaces x

The floorboards have old nails and staples sticking out of them which is why we covered them (We only moved to this house a year ago and still have so much renovating to do) however I have a big fleece blanket so will try putting that down now and see if it helps her. Thank you joey&boo :)

Last edited:
Oh she is just so beautiful :love: OH and I have been laughing at her sitting on the patch of grass :lol:

I agree regarding trying some rugs or old duvet covers etc. Also she has only just arrived, so is bound to feel a bit insecure.

Have you thought about a name yet? And also a very Happy Birthday for tomorrow :love:

Oh she is just so beautiful :love: OH and I have been laughing at her sitting on the patch of grass :lol:

I agree regarding trying some rugs or old duvet covers etc. Also she has only just arrived, so is bound to feel a bit insecure.

Have you thought about a name yet? And also a very Happy Birthday for tomorrow :love:

I think we might be calling her Velvet, although we're still not 100% settled on a name yet :)

I've just put down a fleece blanket in there and she seems to be considering it, but still quite happy to sit on (and eat) her pile of grass :lol:

My ridiculous cat, who looooves bunnies (his favourite is Beatrice) is delighted by our new family member. He's been lying there watching her for ages. She isn't fussed with him at all :lol:

20181220_164041 by Rachel Brown, on Flickr

Oh heloooooo beautiful. She is really gorgeous Beapig. She seems quite well settled with you and as you say, not at all phased with your lovely cat. I suspected that she wouldn't be aggressive and that you would find that she is just nervous of hoomans - possibly because of how she was tret previously. I wouldn't say she is much overweight to be honest - but then again I've got a hay monster her with Lillian who is just a bulldozer on paws, busting the vets scale at 3.5kg. But given she was deliberately starved by her former owner, then I'm more than happy for Lillian to enjoy free access to food.
Velvet (if you settle with that) is sure to bring joy and fun to your home and I would bet she turns out to be an absolute softy and loving rabbit. Can't wait for more photos.:love:

I say 'she' - we still don't know the gender for sure, but it looks like the bunny has a dewlap so I'm guessing a doe.

Despite being described as aggressive by her previous owner, she doesn't seem that way at all. Definitely nervous and not used to humans, but we have her set up in our spare room now so I hope we can start to gain her trust.

She looks in much better condition than Plumpkin when we first got her but definitely overweight. Definitely NOT a giant as described - she is smaller than Plumpkin - closer to Hamilton in size.

20181220_160440 by Rachel Brown, on Flickr

20181220_160619 by Rachel Brown, on Flickr

I've done my best to make the room as nice as possible. It's the most undecorated, run down room in our house - the walls need re-plastering and it's just bare floorboards. We just had our bathroom renovated and luckily there were a lot of spare tiles, so I laid them on cardboard to make a nicer floor for her. I'm a bit worried that she hates the feeling of the floor because she just likes to sit on the pile of grass I got for her.

This is just for a few months - in Spring we'll hopefully bond her with our trio. I hope this is a comfortable enough setup for now. I have one of those £25 Bunny Business huts on its way in the post for a sleeping area.

20181220_160144 by Rachel Brown, on Flickr

Tomorrow is my birthday. The greatest gift is that we're giving her a loving forever home :love:

What a sweetie she is :love:

I love red-eyed whites!

You could put some cardboard and/or cardboard boxes down for her to sit and walk on. It looks fully tiled so you've done a really good job in that room!

You are so kind to rescue her :love:

Thank you so much for the kind comments everyone. I have to say, I'm in love with her already. :love: The winter will be a little less dull and cold with a bunny in the house!

Thank you so much for the kind comments everyone. I have to say, I'm in love with her already. :love: The winter will be a little less dull and cold with a bunny in the house!

Amen to that. And I've got 2 'feet warmers' in our house.

Back