• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pictures. Netherland Dwarf?

Lisa1981

Mama Doe
Tuesday we brought home Harlequin and Beauty :) breeder chopped and changed his mind as to weather they were from the same litter. Both are meant to be Netherland Dwarfs. Just wondering what every one thinks?

9f754a319558b19edc898a3bde51f35c.jpg

Beauty

69ea3a736d9e7a734ad2b048e408551d.jpg

Harlequin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are both gorgeous :love: and have the little ears of a Nethie :love: my Frosty is a rescue bunny so I don’t know his breeding, but he’s an adult and 1.3 kg, I suspect he’s got a lot of Nethie in him, but I don’t know if he’s 100%. I’m not much help :lol:

Frosty sounds like a wonderful little boy.
Beauty looks like all the pics I’ve seen of Netherlands but Harlequin looks so much longer and a different shape so I was thinking maybe a netherland cross.
It doesn’t matter because they are both much adored although they are both cheeky and hyper lol just thought I’d ask.
It’s the size and shape that makes me ask. They are a week apart in age and Harlequin is so much bigger. They don’t sit still for long so haven’t been able to get a picture of Harlequin sitting to compare with Beauty but will keep trying.

Thanks Lily. I thought as much. Breeder said pure but we love them to bits any way :) was just wondering if there were any spercific illnesses to look at for their breeds so wanted others opinions.

Thanks Lily. I thought as much. Breeder said pure but we love them to bits any way :) was just wondering if there were anyspercific illnesses to look at for their breeds so wanted others opinions.

Dental problems are something the rounder shorter faced rabbits suffer from. Despite being a good hay eater, Frosty has needed 2 dentals for spurs so far, and it’s looking likely he will need them regularly. I would get the vet to check their teeth when they go for vaccinations, and more often if necessary.

Nothing to do with their breed, but it would be sensible to get your vet to check their sex when you take them for their vaccinations. Rabbits are sometimes mis-sexed and you don't want any surprises :)

Nothing to do with their breed, but it would be sensible to get your vet to check their sex when you take them for their vaccinations. Rabbits are sometimes mis-sexed and you don't want any surprises :)

Good call!

Thanks omi and zoobec. Will do both when we go to the vets. We’re off there tomuz for a checkup as they both itching and I just want an overview of their health.
How ever they don’t do the RHD2 vaccine so looking for another vet.
I saw a link to a web page on here for a list of good vets. Does anybody know where the link is?
I forgot to bookmark it when I saw it :(

We’ve had very little chasing today then all went quiet so I went to check and found this

77e5a3f3a9d6e6a101541a3e3b648dcf.jpg

My daughter had been sitting close to the hutch and told me she had seen grooming. Yay well done girlys

We’ve had very little chasing today then all went quiet so I went to check and found this

My daughter had been sitting close to the hutch and told me she had seen grooming. Yay well done girlys

Aww :love:

Mervinus might be able to throw some light on the breed as she has to utterly adorable princess pip and Lord Archie - resident royalty on here.
Gorgeous photos of them snuggled up together.
Definitely find a vet who does rh2.
Harlequin is very similar to our Henry who has bigger ears but has nethie in him.

Just wonderful :love:

They really are bundles of energy with a lot of caricter. we haven’t had any chases this afternoon and they have even been playing with the same toys but they are a lot more relaxed around each other.

Craig. I’m not worried to much about the breed was just seeing what people thought. We have a vets visit tomorrow for the RHD2 vaccine. Princess pop and lord Archie sound like great rabbits with a very knowledgable owner and Henry sounds like a real cutie.

Binkycodie. I wasn’t expecting them to be that small either. We have pictures from when they were 5 and 6 weeks old but there isn’t any thing for perspective in them.

I think one may have an upset stomach tho. There is a long string of what I can only describes looks like grapes in the hutch :(

Hello.

I'm not totally sure on your buns, but they definitely look Nethie like, may be a cross especially with those colours. I think they are beautiful though.

The Nethie girls do have slightly longer heads shaped like an egg. Haha we call Princess Pip ...egghead sometimes. Not sure she approves.

Are the grapes in a cluster? In which case they are celotropes and they shod eat these.

Or are they like a string if poo pearls? One of them has fur in the gut from grooming .. keep an eye on their hay intake. Keeps the poop moving..

Hello.

I'm not totally sure on your buns, but they definitely look Nethie like, may be a cross especially with those colours. I think they are beautiful though.

The Nethie girls do have slightly longer heads shaped like an egg. Haha we call Princess Pip ...egghead sometimes. Not sure she approves.

Are the grapes in a cluster? In which case they are celotropes and they shod eat these.

Or are they like a string if poo pearls? One of them has fur in the gut from grooming .. keep an eye on their hay intake. Keeps the poop moving..

Thank you Mervinius. They are pretty but then I am biast lol they are a handful to and although we’ve only had them a few days my lil girl is so protective of them even sings to them and reads to them.

Awww poor princess pip don’t listern to your hooman although iv never seen you I’m sure your the cutest thing ever and we some times have funny ways of showing we care.

The poo is like a a long string but many put together if that makes sense. They are also moist and shiny. Just caught Beauty doing a wee and it’s red in colour ( dark orange on white tissue) were off to vets tomorrow for the RHD2 vaccine so will see what he says.

They have both just started eating really well so I’m hoping that will help

Pictures of rabbit poo :lol:

http://www.therabbithouse.com/diet/rabbit-droppings.asp

I think what you are seeing are uneaten Cecotropes. I suspect these might have been left because of the change in their home. The faecal poo in the pic you posted looks perfectly normal.

This and the colour of the wee are things to discuss with the vet today, but I think both are not serious. Rabbit's wee does change colour very often depending on their food.

Back