• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Painting with pets, more specifically

Truffpuff

Mama Doe
Sorry if this is in the wrong thread but it’s hard to categorise it lol!

So long story short, my mum is now working only part time now and I’m currently not working. She said about coming and painting my kitchen together while we both have spare time as it’s not been done since before myself and my fiancé moved in.

Now there’s me wondering if this is safe to do because our two boy buns are still in stages of bonding and their pen is in the kitchen (pictured). I’ve looked into what constitutes as “pet safe” and I think come to understand water based paint is safer, but also how much VOS is present. But how much VOS is ok or not I have no idea, and what amount is going to affect the bunnies, or even the cats later on as apparently even after drying toxins can be released days after.

Velspar is the one we were going to get and I found a data sheet of the paint type, it says water based so that’s good, but VOS is 15g/L and that means nothing to me!

https://www.valsparpaint.co.uk/medi...-walls-ceilings-matt-base-a-sds642-uk-sds.pdf

Has anyone else had to work this out before? Is it not as much of a problem as I’m thinking?

Or should I forget it anyway for now because bonding buns should just be let alone and we can look into it in the new year?

Thank you :)

205d3d944b80691fbe59f2ab0264e61b.jpg

aa99acbe7a05e16a2d39ff47074c8e42.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve been thinking more on it and decided I don’t think it’s a good idea to paint while we are still freshly rebonding but wait till into the new year.

But I’m still wanting to look into the whole safe paint thing above because they live downstairs and in the kitchen at night, as do the cats, so will still be good to know for the future :) x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back