• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

2 Foster Bunnies rescued from MEAT FARM

Meet my 2 gorgeous tiny foster bunnies, aged approximately 9 weeks. They were rescued today along with 4 others from a meat farm. The meat farm no longer has any breeding pairs so we assume they are stopping breeding now, however they were still going to kill all their remaining rabbits which is why they needed rescuing.

The rescue that got them out was alerted to the situation being told there was an ad with 2 bunnies in bad conditions needing rescuing. They went on Friday to collect them but when they got there they realised it was a meat farm and the situation was a lot worse than they originally thought. There were so many rabbits there that they ended up taking 5 rather than 2. They then went back for the other 6 today. They were in cramped conditions, had no hay and no water and the owners admitted to killing them using a hammer, just horrific.

The rescue went to get the 6 babies today along with their mum but when they got there they were told their mum was killed last night and pointed to the freezer. :cry:

There are 4 adult males left at the farm but the owner is refusing to hand them over as they want them for meat. It’s so so sad. The rescue is still trying to get them out of there though and I really hope they do. The council and RSPCA have been alerted too but don’t seem to be helping at all.

All the babies were due to be ‘disposed’ of on Tuesday. Thankfully 2 are now here safe with me, maybe they’ll end up staying but for now they’re foster babies and they’re safe. :love:

fac502bfb1b585410dccbf90d725899e.jpg

4bdd9d0c66289d4479aad314385e2c6e.jpg

db6c505662375061ee1dfb675ab8fd24.jpg
8f958a745d678708cb169cb97b2384ec.jpg
d6ebb90b523d3f2fe03aeb191b3b0108.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a sad story! At last some are going to be all right now. Some people want hitting with a hammer.

They are beautiful :love: Thank goodness they are safe now.

I don't think you will be able to part with them :)

Dear me, what a sad story for the others, and especially for their mum :cry::cry::cry:

I’m glad you have taken them in, I’m not sure you will be able to part with them, they are gorgeous:love:

ETA, which rescue is dealing with this, do you know?

Last edited:
Dear me, what a sad story for the others, and especially for their mum :cry::cry::cry:

I’m glad you have taken them in, I’m not sure you will be able to part with them, they are gorgeous:love:

ETA, which rescue is dealing with this, do you know?

Thank you. I’m not sure either! Lucky Clover Rabbit Rescue in Halifax xx

Thank you. I’m not sure either! Lucky Clover Rabbit Rescue in Halifax xx

I’ve not heard of them, I’ll look them up and send something.

The thing that’s making me cry is that those 2 bunnies are sat on someone’s knee and they are so trusting, after all that they’ve been through. I’m so glad they are safe :love:

They're perfection, I cannot believe some people though :/ I just can't understand that...

Sent via carrier pigeon

I’ve not heard of them, I’ll look them up and send something.

The thing that’s making me cry is that those 2 bunnies are sat on someone’s knee and they are so trusting, after all that they’ve been through. I’m so glad they are safe :love:

I know, they are so, so trusting bless them x

They are so beautiful. Congratulations on your new bunnies, I think they won't be going anywhere!

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Back