• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Not a rabbit thread, but a hare!!

Mrs. Bunnykins

Wise Old Thumper
As some of you are aware, I help out two days a week at a local animal rescue nearby. The New Arc at Auchnagatt cares for both domestic and wild animals and what a fantastic job they do. It is run by a husband and wife and second in 'command' are a lovely young, totally animal bonkers couple.

Well a few weeks ago an injured leveret was brought in and the idea was to care for the little fella and release him back into the wild when the time was right. He was a greedy fella, eager to accept food and an excellent patient. Sadly though he appears to have cataracts in both eyes so the decision was reached for him to spend the rest of his life at the rescue, safe, sound, well fed, watered and of course ...loved!

I've been doing his 'room service' in his quarters and slowly he is trusting me more and more and now he will happily take fresh food from my hand...and also....sorry to make you jealous, he lets me stroke him!! What a magical time I have when I'm with this beautiful fella.

He has been named and those of you more mature members will get the pun on his name..

Kenny Leveret!! Brilliant name!! Lucky Kenny and very lucky me.:love:

Another few hours spent at the rescue today, wet, windy and I loved every minute of getting pecked by Gary the goose, Popeye the herring gull trying to dive bomb a poop on me, breaking up a fight between a couple of drakes and the best of all......Daffodil the bunny sprayed me!!

Cleaned out chickens, ducks, geese, degus, parrot, cockatiels, budgies, zebra finches and quail. My jeans were covered in 'stuff', wellington boots caked in mud and my hair was , well it just was!!

Yes, I've gone totally bonkers and I don't care. Heaven on earth to me.

Back