• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Remind me why I took on a bunny

willowflower27

Mama Doe
I am woefully out of touch with bunny proofing even with only three legs either I am a complete dunce or she is Houdini reincarnated today's fatalities include two pair of shoelaces a hole in my favourite jeans a missing keyboard key and a toeless sock theses were all in places I thought she couldn't reach with her "disability" but apparently no one told her good job I adore her
c8158817d01a6d98def96ee21e4741e3.jpg
fb7221fae68eb07e6f64fbfd38fcc279.jpg
7a052bdd193a54f2b05ec81d5f08d4d2.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

:lol: rabbits manage to get everywhere! Frosty is banned from free ranging everywhere and confined to his rabbit proofed room when we aren’t there, because he gets into everything :shock::lol: for instance I have a little basket with some paperwork in it to deal with and he systematically started pulling everything out one envelope at a time in his mouth :lol:

Honestly I'm so out of practice [emoji38] I turn my back on her for 2 seconds and she creates absolute chaos

Priscilla would like it to be known that she is available to 'customise' all manner of items, be they clothing, electrical goods, paperwork and at an extra cost furniture. Her nobbly nibbled edging of curtains has also been very popular this season :D

Priscilla will soon be opening an online business to enable as many people as possible to access her highly sought after 'artistic' services :thumb:

Priscilla would like it to be known that she is available to 'customise' all manner of items, be they clothing, electrical goods, paperwork and at an extra cost furniture. Her nobbly nibbled edging of curtains has also been very popular this season :D

Priscilla will soon be opening an online business to enable as many people as possible to access her highly sought after 'artistic' services :thumb:
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] if only she needs to earn her keep somehow

:lol: Boots once customised a pair of my boots by scalloping the edges with his teeth :lol:

They are now unique and could make a fortune if sold on Ebay !! :lol:

:lol:

Is this why you called him boots? [emoji38][emoji38]

Sent via carrier pigeon

:lol: no, just a coincidence :lol: he was a rescue bunny from BARC. A group of bunnies were found dumped in Meadowhall shopping centre car park and were named Dora, Diego and Boots. I liked his name so it stuck :love:

[emoji38]

[emoji38] no, just a coincidence [emoji38] he was a rescue bunny from BARC. A group of bunnies were found dumped in Meadowhall shopping centre car park and were named Dora, Diego and Boots. I liked his name so it stuck :love:
Awww, well I think he knew that was his name by the sounds of it [emoji38][emoji38]

Sent via carrier pigeon

Oh - ladies - I'm sorry for having a little giggle to myself. I sympathise with you all regarding your various rabbifications. I guess at the end of the day, we open our worlds and hearts to our pets - in our cases rabbits. They don't know a cable is important, or boots or paperwork. And believe me, I've suffered bun-struction myself. Lillian munched through an expensive computer wire last year - my fault cause I left it where it was in her way. Henry has customised some of our chairs - the corners have some nice teeth marks and I've done my bit by putting duck tape on them to try to prevent the worst. There's also a hacking great hole in the corner of the living room where Henry chomps the wall when he wants me to open the door. But you know what - I wouldn't swap it for the world. I know they aren't being deliberately destructive and I just need to keep one step ahead. I'm lucky I guess in that our buns have free range of the house and only brave Henry goes upstairs and doesn't do any damage strangely enough. For their part, they just sit under the dining room table snuggled up in the living room most of the time. When they want something, their body language tends to show what it is - usually food. My wifes folders and files have taken the brunt of Lillians love of paper - but that's my wifes fault for leaving it all over the floor. What does she expect??

They really are terrors when it comes to their “renovation” work. Mine are free range and I’ve just resigned myself to the fact that they’re going to destroy things. My poor books in particular have taken one hell of a battering.

They only thing I really worry about is wires because of the electrocution risks. I’ve got them all hidden behind large panels. I’m still so paranoid that I unplug everything at the mains when not in use, just in case. With the exception of the fridge of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess I'm just settling back in its amazing how much i forgot whilst I've been having a break my last 2 girls were constantly poorly from the minute I got them so they never really did "normal" rabbit behaviour where missy p is just determined, stubborn stroppy and utterly adorable but we're still at the bonding stage where I'm sure she's just testing the waters

where missy p is just determined, stubborn stroppy and utterly adorable but we're still at the bonding stage where I'm sure she's just testing the waters
Ah, the 'best bit'! That's lasted about 4yrs so far with my two XD Suppose that's our fault for giving them new things :lol: Absolutely wouldn't change it for the world, indeed!

I am woefully out of touch with bunny proofing even with only three legs either I am a complete dunce or she is Houdini reincarnated today's fatalities include two pair of shoelaces a hole in my favourite jeans a missing keyboard key and a toeless sock theses were all in places I thought she couldn't reach with her "disability" but apparently no one told her good job I adore her
c8158817d01a6d98def96ee21e4741e3.jpg
fb7221fae68eb07e6f64fbfd38fcc279.jpg
7a052bdd193a54f2b05ec81d5f08d4d2.jpg

What a brave sweetie :love:

CVgZ8rKl.jpg

It fair warms the cockles of my heart to hear the antics she is getting up to. Lucky you having all your stuff personalised

Back