• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

When can i

jewels26301

Young Bun
Put hay and wood shaving back in Fluffys hutch?

She was neutered a week ago today...and she has only newspaper, shredded paper for her bed,

I want to fill her bed with hay as it's nippy at night...

Is it safe yet?

Julie

Her stitches look ok, not messy...she has a final check up next Thursday....

Hi Julie!

I waited until Fonzie had her stitches out before I put any hay or sawdust back in her cage. This is what the vet recommended, and never having had a bunny spayed before, I followed every single thing he told me to do!! I'm not sure if there's anything else you can put in your bun's bed until she's allowed hay again? Maybe someone else will know?

Take care & Blessed Be,

XxXxX Emma XxXxX

Hiya,
I reckon you'll be ok to put hay in now - both Millie and Mini Bunny had soluble stiches and, although I didn't put in hay for the first couple of nights, they had it in soon after. think a week is long enough, as long as her wound looks like its healing nicely. Both Millie and Mini Bunny appreciated havign the hay to hide in when they were still peeved at me for getting them spayed and when they were still feeling as bit poorly.
Suz

Back