• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Introducing Odessa Briar

tlcwrites

Mama Doe
...if you'd told me 2 days ago, I'd be getting another Honeybunny, I'd have laughed at you. After all, we're meant to slowly be reducing numbers so the remaining buns can have more space and so on..!

But this is a thing that has happened.

When we first picked up the lovely lady Fabala Boo, we had a little hitch-hiker named Briar... I took some photos of her for her brief sojourn with us:

NeEn5vg.jpg

She travelled badly and was incredibly nervous. Her new owner came and picked her up the same day as we picked up her and Bala, and that was the last I expected I'd see of her. After all, she was going to a fantastic home and met a lovely husbun in the handsome Dil, and they bonded well.

Sadly, earlier this week, I saw Dil & Briar's owner post that Dil was very poorly. I kept my fingers crossed for him and his family. Then, I heard that Dil sadly passed away, and my heart broke for both his owner and Briar.

I then received a lovely message from their owner, asking if I could consider bonding her into my clan. She had 3 rabbits at one point this year, and had lost 3 in quick succession. She didn't feel capable of dealing with the heartbreak again at this moment in time. To be honest, it was so beautifully worded that it completely tugged at my heart-strings. I said that I would only take her on with Jill's blessing, as obviously, being a Honeybunny, if you cannot keep them then they should be returned. Jill said she was happy with it if we felt comfortable with it and ultimately, we said yes. I mean, how could we not?

She's in a crate, settling, yet again. I've told the previous owner, who had grown fond of her in the short time they were together, that they are more than welcome to come visit and I'll keep her updated on her, as well as giving her the link to the Wayward Buns's facebook page. :) Maybe if they'd had longer together, she may have felt like she wanted to carry on keeping rabbits at this moment in time, but right now, it isn't possible.

I've taken a couple of photographs, but she is still a nervous little rabbit and very over-awed by all the changes.

SqDNQYh.jpg

VKU1Wej.jpg

As a bonus, here's lovely Theta piggie (with Zeta), as I've only just got around to taking photos of her! She has settled in well. :)

4YHb8zh.jpg

b4KUt6h.jpg

6ZRFxUp.jpg

Do you know what? Words cannot describe people like you TLC. You are beyond kind and have a heart bigger than most. You are such an unselfish and caring person whose heart lies deeply with the love for furries and I am almost tearful at your act of sublime kindness, especially after all you've been through recently. Your inner strength and resolve is utterly amazing. That is such a heartfelt journey that has just happened, and for those of us that will believe in fate - well, clearly there must have been some special forces at work. Odessa Briar was clearly meant to join you and your clan - of that I am certain. She is beautiful for sure and you can see it in her eyes that she clearly knows she will be safe and loved beyond her dreams. She has an adorable face and I can't wait to see how her inner character blossoms. And the piggies - Theta and Zeta are just adorable. I used to have pigggies - we had a tricolour who was quite feisty and we had a few solids too. It's lovely to see them snuggled up and bonding. Bravo to you TLC - what a massive heart you truly have. :love:

Thank you. :love: We love her already. Odessa is a Greek name, and (logically) means "a long journey." Physically, and metaphorically, it has been (and still is) for this little lady.

As I've said before, piggies are mostly Mum's domain. I just help with welfare aspects, making bedding, photography, and picking names. Though since we've been doing the Greek alphabet, it has been fairly easy. :lol: Theta caught Mum's eye immediately and settled in her arms straight away. They already have a fairly strong bond, and Theta is really chilled out once you've got her out!

Do you know what? Words cannot describe people like you TLC. You are beyond kind and have a heart bigger than most. You are such an unselfish and caring person whose heart lies deeply with the love for furries and I am almost tearful at your act of sublime kindness, especially after all you've been through recently. Your inner strength and resolve is utterly amazing. That is such a heartfelt journey that has just happened, and for those of us that will believe in fate - well, clearly there must have been some special forces at work. Odessa Briar was clearly meant to join you and your clan - of that I am certain. She is beautiful for sure and you can see it in her eyes that she clearly knows she will be safe and loved beyond her dreams. She has an adorable face and I can't wait to see how her inner character blossoms. And the piggies - Theta and Zeta are just adorable. I used to have pigggies - we had a tricolour who was quite feisty and we had a few solids too. It's lovely to see them snuggled up and bonding. Bravo to you TLC - what a massive heart you truly have. :love:
Your words nearly made me cry! Thank you so much. I would be lost without my furries (+tortoise), and they have honestly saved me. Helping them helps me. I know to some that wouldn't make sense, but it is how I'm built. The immediate pain of loss never gets easier, but building new bonds in memory of those that have passed helps immesurably for me. I fell for an agouti lionhead a few years ago, but it wasn't meant to be. It's happened now, and she reminds me a lot of my bridge magpie lionhead, Nessarose. It's the incredibly fluffy ears. :love:

She is beautiful and I’m so pleased she found a wonderful new home with you. Although it’s dreadfully sad that her intended owner lost their bunny [emoji17]

I hope she settles in well and the bonding with the gang goes well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree! What a beautiful little bunny. Are you ever not bonding TLC? A hoppy ever after ending! xx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Thank you so much Tracie for offerign Briar her forever home. So sad her owner felt her loss was too much to cope with so could no longer keep rabbits :(
O Briar now has the chance of a real forever home with lots of bunny company :)
Also what a pretty pig :)

Thank you so much Tracie for offerign Briar her forever home. So sad her owner felt her loss was too much to cope with so could no longer keep rabbits :(
O Briar now has the chance of a real forever home with lots of bunny company :)
Also what a pretty pig :)

It really is sad. There's a bit more to her reasoning but it isn't my place to say. G was pretty sad to hand her over, but very happy to see the rabbits she'd be bonded with. She met Fabala Boo Hoppy-Lou, who was being her usual licky self. :lol:

Bonding has started. OB has been mostly staying out of the way, but standing up for herself if Yuki Winter tries to bother her with tail raised. To be honest, the most "problem" bunnies have been Morning and Yukes. Those 2 hate being in a bonding crate, and it's why I usually have to move this group fairly quickly from one step to the next. Morning finds it especially stressful as she likes to be able to get away from the others.

Also, on a positive side within the crate. Fabala, Niji Taco, and Enfys Blueberry-Muffin are mostly keeping out of it. Ditto OB. And my lovely Potato Niji has already groomed OB. I think that it'll all settle given time. :)

Obie, as I've taken to calling her, is doing well. She's been sploofing a bit which is lovely.

As per usual, this group has proven to be a bond where you have to break all the rules. Yuki and Morning kept annoying everyone. Now I've given them back their freedom, nobunny is bothered by the fact there's a new bun on the scene. That in turn allows them all to relax more. Here's hoping that Odessa continues to find her feet. :love:

Obie's still settling. Morning's still disgruntled. They have their full space, but still fur pulling and charging occasionally. Every day feels like a little less though. Odessa is slowly beginning to venture out of corners and sit with other rabbits (usually Yuki or Fabala) now which is good. Niji remains close to Morning. Fabala still loves everyone and never chases anybun. All in all, it's looking okay. :)

Back