• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

No Rabbit yet but hoping….

Josie C

Young Bun
Hi,
I was going to wait until I had a rabbit to sign up but then I saw your Christmas appeal and I thought I’d start with that. I’m not too late am I ?

My name is Josie and I live in a village north of Cambridge with my partner . I am hoping to get a rescue rabbit in the new year ( away for Christmas). I have never owned a rabbit before and think I may go and help out at a rescue beforehand to get some hands on experience.

We currently have no pets, since we lost our last dog a couple of years ago. We had three dogs and a cat. All of them were pets and two were also show dogs Milli my Old English Sheepdog and Bailey my Syke Terrier. Josh my Pointer never took to showing he preferred the sofa and of course Harvey the cat.

Congratulations on such a brilliant site, everyone that contributes to it should be very proud.

Hi Josie, thank you so much for all your lovely comments regarding this Forum, and a very warm welcome to Rabbits United :D

The Christmas Appeal is still very much active, and the aim is to help as many lovely bunnies as possible this Yuletide.

You will no doubt find the rabbit you are looking for either through this Forum or Tamsins great Rabbit Rehome web site.
Tamsin is responsible for finding us some smashing bunnies to come and live with us in the Guardian Angels Sanctuary.

It is nice to converse with someone from the Cambridge area, the place of my Birth, and all my lovely memories of a childhood near the Fens.(in a village called Over)

:D

Hi Josie - welcome :wave:

I give it about 10 mins before Tamsin is showing you beautiful rescue bunnies in your area :wink:

Lynn said:
Hi Josie - welcome :wave:

I give it about 10 mins before Tamsin is showing you beautiful rescue bunnies in your area :wink:

Dont you mean 10 seconds Lynn :lol: :lol: ....we all know Tamsin has her eagle outs out for any opportunity to rehome ze bunnies...and a good job she does of it too :D

Adele said:
Dont you mean 10 seconds Lynn :lol: :lol: ....we all know Tamsin has her eagle outs out for any opportunity to rehome ze bunnies...and a good job she does of it too :D

:lol: Does Tamsin have an Eagle too :shock: :shock:

What does Alfie think of that ?? :wink: :wink:

And yes, she does a splendid job of rehoming ze bunnies :D

Hiya Josie,

Welcome to the forum, I'm sure you'll fine it useful reading ready for having a bunny of your own. Helping out at a rescue is also a great idea, you'll get to learn about rabbits and practice handling them. You'll also get to see all the new arrival, a very good way to find your perfect bunny match ;)

I think Woodgreen, which is in Godmanchester tel: 08701 90 40 90, have quite a few bunnies at the moment.

Cheryl at Sprowston Rabbit & Guineapig rescue is possibly not that far from you in Norwich? Might be too far for regular volunteering but close enough for a visit to see the bunnies available. She has some lovely ones at the moment too http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/viewtopic.php?t=1326

Best wishes,
Tamsin

Adele said:
It is nice to converse with someone from the Cambridge area, the place of my Birth, and all my lovely memories of a childhood near the Fens.(in a village called Over)

:D
I agree - not far from where my family originate too - parents from March and Manea - in the depths of the Fens

I've got 12 rescue rabbits,twog.pigs and a rescue dog and am looking for a home for two of them who i had no choice but to take on. I've been asking round family and friends as i need to know that they'll go to a good home.
Taz came to me when i went to buy a hutch from an ad in the paper, when i asked what had happened to their rabbit i was told "its somewhere in the garden, if you find it you can have it". So i left with an overpriced hutch and a scruffy confused bunny.
Snoopy was at a local rescue centre who asked me to have him as he couldnt be rehomed because an ongoing eye problem (which my vet sorted). I feel he needs to be in a one bunny house as he seems to have been a house rabbit before and is very restless in his hutch but i cant trust my dog with him.
I'm in no great rush to rehome them,they are well looked after here but I think they deserve to live where they can have more attention.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.

We have lived in Cambridgeshire (St Ives area) for a couple of years now and love it.

I’m trying hard not to fall in love with a bunny just yet, as I have to wait till the new year to get one.

In the meantime, I have made a donation so at least the rescue buns can have some extras over Christmas. Not sure how to put a message on the Christmas page though, any ideas?

Josie

I think I have missed your prevoius posts but welcome from another bunnyless member and that is a great way to put it...everyone let's us share their bunnies...I like that
wave1.gif

Back