• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbits to be gassed for eating flowers :-(

disgusting.

...... and i saw this the other day. not sure if it's readable, but it's regarding a local 'Rabbit Clearance Society' :( :evil:

A4VtnkO.jpg

disgusting.

...... and i saw this the other day. not sure if it's readable, but it's regarding a local 'Rabbit Clearance Society' :( :evil:

A4VtnkO.jpg
I know someone with a lot of land and they get a small dog... I wanna say dachshund and a bird... I wanna say eagle... Or hawk..? Idk it's a bird and a dog, dog drives them out of the Warren and bird picks them up... They hire someone to do it, it's very sad :(

Sent via carrier pigeon

:cry: :cry: :cry:

I just don't understand

the rabbits don't understand that the flowers are for your loved ones. they just believe they are getting free food, hence why they're maybe even there. who knows, maybe that was their home before it was a cemetery..

I get its upsetting, its for your loved one that has passed..but you can not be angry at an animal. they do not know any different. they do not understand. they are not human.

but also, as horrible as it sounds - the person is dead! it really doesn’t matter. its more of a token to them and a way of you dealing with it. whether you do it or don’t in the end doesn’t matter that much. the same as whether I keep my rabbits ashes or I scatter them elsewhere..in the end it doesn't matter, he is gone. whether you believe in a heaven or a hell, or you don't. it doesn't change the fact that they are dead.

being gassed feels like you’re being burnt from the inside out. imagine the panic and fear they must be feeling as they slowly suffer and die. if it is that big of an issue find a HUMANE way to end them, not like this.

in actual fact, I would much rather some little bunnies ate the flowers I left behind...winters can be hard. they will take the food they will get. I'd rather they came and ate them. the flowers left behind can be so polluting anyway was some people leave the flowers in their plastic wrapping.

and at the end of the day if somebody does clean up the flowers (I heard of one cemetery at the end of the week cleans up all the flowers) they're just going to get thrown in the bin anyhow! so its just a waste, why not let a little bunny or three enjoy a meal over them being wasted?

I don't understand people. and I don't know how people could jump to conclusions of gassing rabbits for being RABBITS and sleep at night. disgusting.

This makes me feel physically ill :( how sad and how cruel and selfish humans can be, this is truely evil. I don't understand how people can agree to this. People should protest against this.

I can't expand on what others have said before me. It makes me sad and angry and tearful. I've said it before and I'll say it again - humans have the ability to achieve so much, do so much good and positive. And then we get this.
But what I will say, is that what grinds my gears about this, is that if I (or anyone else) were to behave in this mannor towards rabbits (or other animals - birds, cats, dogs etc) then I would havethe RSPCA all over me like a rash. I'd have vets on my case and I'd be labelled as the most vile scum on earth. But it's ok to do this because some people find it distressing that their flowers (which will die anyway) are being eaten by wild rabbits. Everything is wrong about this - and that includes the insensitive out of touch authorities and respresentitives that approved this vile act. I am proper angry and very upset.

Now, honestly, anyone who finds having their already dead flowers eaten by rabbits distressing, has serious issues. If that happens on a grave, even more serious!
I lost my mother 4 years ago, and I leave flowers every now and then although I visit her grave almost every other day. I throw birdseed instead, I find it more satisfying to see birds on a grave that rotting flowers...

I can't think of anything more comforting in such a somber place as the wildlife joining me when I remember my loved ones who've passed over.
What a cruel edict. Can nothing be done to stop it?

I can't think of anything more comforting in such a somber place as the wildlife joining me when I remember my loved ones who've passed over.
What a cruel edict. Can nothing be done to stop it?

+1
i have looked on google maps - the cemetry is in countryside! apart from the cruelty, such a short-sighted thing. might as well try & hold back the tide.

I've just found out that the council here has agreed (although they say reluctantly) to a cull near by here. It seems they will be shot. Apparently they are blaming the rabbits as the reason gravestones in the cemetery are collapsing?!? I'm not entirely sure I buy that. There is nowhere near the numbers this year that used to be around, and perhaps the extremes of weather has changed the soil conditions over the years?

Why is it people hate rabbits so much, it's not as if they enter homes and try to kill us. They are so innocent. Even my own Daughter once said the only rabbits they would have would be on the table! Where has she got that thinking from?

Back