• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Eating and drinking a lot more?!

The Fonz

Warren Scout
Hello!! :D

How are you all? I hope you're all fine and dandy! :wink: I have just a quick question, since we got The Fonz spayed she seems to be eating and drinking one heck of a lot more than what she did before she was spayed! Is this normal? I know you're only supposed to feed bunnies 3% of their body weight in pellets (according to the packet), but that food is gone like a flash! I'm keeping an eye on her weight, she's certainly not getting fat, but I was just wondering if she's supposed to be eating and drinking like it's going out of fashion? :? I'd be really grateful for any help or advice!!

Take care & Blessed Be,

XxXxX Emma XxXxX

Keep to the stated amout of food and give unlimited hay if you don't already.

How much is a lot of water?? They will drink more water if they are not fed veggies.

Can't think that it is related to them being done !

Hope this helps

Hi there!!

Thanks for your reply! Fonzie has veggies (mainly brocolli and carrots) every day... do you think I should give her a bit more? She always has tonnes of hay in there, too! I'm not sure if I'm being paranoid, perhaps I just didn't notice the water levels of her bottle before. Thanks for your advice! :)

Take care & Blessed Be,

XxXxX Emma XxXxX

Mine always drink alot more in the winter than in the summer - during the summer they spend alot of time grazing on the grass whereas in the winter, this is limited and they have more dry grass, - so I suppose that would explain why they drink more water in the winter.
Is she indoors or outdoors? If she is outdoors - it has turned colder recently so she would be eating more keep herself warm.

I wouldn't always go by what it say's on the packet (regarding food). I have never gone by the book. Just give your bun the amount he/she in comfy with as all rabbits are different - as long as it's not over doing it of course :) Toby eats more if I have given him slightly less food for whatever reason...

Back