• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone want a beautiful black rex?

Jaypot

Mama Doe
Went to our local rescue centre today and there is a gorgeous black rex doe in - she has been there for nearly a year now :( Her name is Lucy, she is very freindly and loves to be cuddled :shock: That is a new one on me 'cos our Minnie loves cuddles but on the floor thank you very much :roll: Lucy hasn't been spayed - our rescue doesn't do rabbits, cats and dogs yes, but not rabbits :evil:
She's in North Wales - she really is lovely and looks ever so fit and healthy - and that is my opinion - not the flipping rescue vets :x

Here are a couple of pictures of her - isn't she lovely? I wish that people would stop just going for the babies, can't they see through the fluff for a minute and admire the beauty for a while :?
Lucy03.jpg

[/img]
Lucy01.jpg

She is a stunner, whats her details Jay, how old, speyed, vacinated :?:

I know you are busy at the moment but is there any chance you could find details and possibly pictures of the 2 buns you mentioned in Manchester :?: I had a look on the peggy henderson site but could not find anything on them.

Oh she is lovely!! I have such a soft spot for Rexes! Unfortunately I'm not allowed any more buns, specially another girly! I'm on look-out for small bunny boy to sneak in past Mum!lol

Nicola

I posted a response re. this bun on the Mini Rex thread but ought to keep it on one thread really -
I really love the look of this bun especially so if she loves cuddles (does she have a name?).
I have some practical questions though.....
I see that she is not spayed - is she vaccinated?
Since losing Hobo, I now have one neutered male and two spayed females which are now all getting along nicely together in their bunny shed (found them cuddled up together this morning - bless) - do you think another female would upset this?
She is in North Wales and I am in Northants.
Also, I am new to rexes, but I have noticed from a few of your rex stories and threads that they seem to be prone to a few ailments like tummy problems and sore hocks - is there anything else that rexes can be prone to - has this bun suffered from any of these problems?

I own 3 beauitfull rexes so i can answer a few of your questions
Yes rexes are prone to sore hocks all my 3 have them ,but then so does miffy she isnt a rex and william did to.
since ive had claude (he will be 2 in may)he has been to the vets 3 times (for problems )once for bloat,as he had eaten too much grass and wasnt use to it and twice because of a bladder problem which just cleared its self up after i changed his diet
so i wouldnt really say they suffer any major probs that other buns dont either
once you have one rex trust me you will be addicted!!!!!!

I have a Rex cross - and I love them! She is pretty much all Rex and typical Rex problem of sore hocks. Apart from this she hasn't had any problems which are related to being a Rex. Just normal bunny problem of mammary lump removed and an abcess on her foot removed.

I think I will def go for another Rex when I am lookin for another bun.

Nicola

Towsbuns said:
I now have one neutered male and two spayed females which are now all getting along nicely together in their bunny shed

We are in exactly the same boat (except Mishka and Sparkle aren't spayed) , but might be interested if you decide she is not for you Towsbuns. It's just a worry whether she'll get along with the others?

Jeremy, if you would like her, go ahead. It would probably be easier for you to get her anyway as you are the right side of the country. I will be looking for a cuddle bun in the new year - my daughter had a special bond with Hobo and I would often find her in the bunny shed with him on her knee - if this bun is still available in the new year then I will probably look into it more seriously.

Thanks Towsbuns, but it doesn't appear like we're going to be able to take this lovely bun after all. :cry:
It appears that Rexes can be very difficult to bond, and we just can't risk upsetting our existing three when they are now so happy :(

Back