• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Introducing Kracker

Jaypot

Mama Doe
We had a phone call last night to see if we could go to our local rescue and have a look at a bun there - they where worried about him being so thin and hopping strangely. The vet had been and declared him to be a mini lop and fit and healthy, nothing wrong at all - so how come he walks like a duck then?
His left rear leg is all over the place - the poor boy had been handed in at about 11 days old! He was then hand reared on ordinary rabbit food :shock:
He is thin, we think he's a he :? No bits popping out yet so a bit hard to tell - the rescue vets said he is a she but I don't believe they get anything right :? Will be taking Kracker to the vets tomorrow - both back legs are not right but the left is the most knackered :shock:
That is two rabbits in a week now from the same rescue, both declared fit and healthy by the vets :shock: I am soooo angry for this little one :evil: His name was Fudge but we've called him Kracker :D
KrackerNov045.jpg

[/img]
KrackerNov0410.jpg

[/img]
KrackerNov048.jpg

Jay, he's beautiful, I'm glad you've got him out of there. He's in the right hands now. How can a vet possible declare a bun with that condition 'fit and healthy'? Do you think a vet really has examined him whilst he's been in the rescue? Let us know what your vet's diagnosis is pleeeeez.

Silly vets, gorgeous rabbit! Just looking at the photos you can tell he doesn't sit quite right.

If he was reared on just normal rabbit food maybe he's short on calcium. Hopefully being a young chap he'll get sorted out. He must be a strong lad to have been hand raised from 11 days old!

Tam

He is a beautiful, he looks so hugable.

I think many vets all over the country need to start re-training regarding rabbits. Clearly some vets do take the time to research illnesses and cures but many still hold old fashion views :(

Many a time I have found the vet nurse more informative and more understanding than the vets (that all animals not just buns)

:p Kracker is certainly a CRACKER... :lol: :lol: he is gorgeous, I am so pleased to hear that he is with you Jay.
Give him a snuggle from me :D

Ahhhh bless him! just look at that face! :D
Life is going to be so much better for him now he's found you! Kisses to the little chap.

Denny said:
I think many vets all over the country need to start re-training regarding rabbits. Clearly some vets do take the time to research illnesses and cures but many still hold old fashion views :(

We go to quite a large practice, and the quality of care between the different vets is quite staggering. We know who the good vets are now, but we got stuck once with one chap who couldn't even hold them still for their exam. He had to wrap them up in a towel and take them 'out back'. I wouldn't want to be confronted with him in an emergency.

He is so sweet - but aren't they all ! How will you let him go when he's fit and well ??

I must say Im really, really lucky with my vets. So if anyone needs a recommendation for Fife....? When the girls got done ( seperately, due to an injury to Evie by Ella ) One of them even had subcutaneous stitches ! Absolute doddle to look after cos there was nothing to nibble !

Tahra said:
He is so sweet - but aren't they all ! How will you let him go when he's fit and well ??
!

Hi Tahra
Kracker won't be rehomed as we don't rehome any bun that we take in - we are a rabbit retirement home and take in elderly, disabled and special needs buns :)
We have fostered a couple on a few occasions but it hurts to part with them - we just can't do it any more - I really admire those who run rescues :D
All our buns are here to stay - it's their forever home :D

Kracker is gorgeous, at least he has found his forever home with you!
I hope he gets on alright at the vets.

Kracker didn't go to the vets today as the vet had an emergency in just as John was about to leave. A cat had swallowed nearly a whole ball of string :shock: Sally the vet said it was going to be a major operation - poor puss cat :(
Kracker is going to see the vet tomorrow at 10am - he had a good night last night, is eating well and it's all coming out the other end :D Have been monitoring him and his spine is pulled over to one side somewhat - I think he is also pigeon chested :( Well, whatever - he's going to get spoilt and loved to bits anyway :D :oops: :D

hi,
i know it has been a while since this thread was started but i was just wondering what the outcome was with Kracker at the vets??

Kracker is an absolute cutey.

Jay - I just looked at your website, what you do is fantastic, and the sort of thing I intend to do when I leave London in a few years. I can't abide people mis treating bunnies, and people never want old bunnies. I got Fern as a baby but 'rescued' her from the pet shop - no one wanted her cos she'd got a really awful eye infection and the fur was rotted on her face. When I bought her they said she'd cost me a fortune in vets fees etc cos of her teeth (she has a very slightly deformed face, which is probably the casue of her denture problems), which she has, and still does, and I dont' care - I always manage to find the money from somewhere! In the past my even my friends, family and even my housemates have helped me out with the vets bills!

onyx_stud said:
hi,
i know it has been a while since this thread was started but i was just wondering what the outcome was with Kracker at the vets??

Ooops, should have updated this :oops: He's doing great :D He has to go back sometime this month or next to have x-rays done - there is definitely something wrong with his knee joint and probably his hips. He doesn't let anything bother him though and is usually running and binkying all over the place like a lunatic :D His favourite thing is to binky and land so his back legs do the splits :shock: :lol:
He loves food and we have also christened him the Corriander Kid :lol: He is an absolute pest, a nuisance, a pain in the butt and adorable :oops: :oops: I must post some updated pics 'cos he is growing like a weed - he's going to be a big bun :roll: :lol:
Must try and get some pics of him not eating - that may be impossible :shock: :roll: :lol: :lol:

Aaawwwww that is great news! Even if there is something majorly wrong with his hips/knees it doesnt seem to affect his enjoyment. Well done you Jay for looking after kracker! :D
oooooh yes piccys would be great too. :thumb:

Back