• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can You Help Rabbit Rescue + Friends, Malvern, Worcestershire- Re RHD2 Outbreak

This is very sad :( They have some gorgeous-looking rabbits too and I hope they remain well.

This is very sad :( They have some gorgeous-looking rabbits too and I hope they remain well.

Indeed. I dont think some Rescuers ever recover from such a situation. I know of 2 Rescues who have closed for good. The total devastation an RHD outbreak caused was just too much to bear :cry:

Bobtails Rescue never re-opened to Rabbits after their RHD2 outbreak. I think they still take in/rehome Piggies and they have some Rabbits who are permanent residents. Very sad as Jim and Delia worked so hard for every Rabbit that came into their care. I adopted numerous very elderly and/or very disabled Rabbits from Bobtails over the years.

Is that the one in or near Redditch? Is is indeed so sad.

Yes, Louise's Sanctuary :cry:

It must add an extra dimension to the vaccination issue for Sanctuary Rabbits. Most will be health compromised so either the Vet will not think vaccination is appropriate or the Rabbit will be vaccinated but will not develop a good immune response. Damned if we do, damned if we dont.

:censored: RHD :evil:

Total :censored: :( Going to start collecting my pre-Christmas bargains I usually find and stock up on and send them out ASAP.

Back