• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Built lovely bun home but he never hops out

Loopyloo10

Young Bun
Build our bunny a lovely home with all mod cons! I expected to see him hopping out into the run but he just wants to sit in a hay basket inside. He’s eating and pooping well but I thought he would enjoy the space more.
15572c24f1db3bf2f965e061caeca221.jpg
4477ad3509a9eee5ac3510d413698026.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That looks really nice :) how long since your bun moved into the new digs? Maybe it'll take some time for him to want to explore? :)

Sent via carrier pigeon

It looks lovely:love: as Graciee said, maybe he’s still settling in? Are there any cats/dogs/foxes in the garden that might have spooked him? You could try putting a little hiding place in the run for him to bolt to if he feels like it. It’s certainly good that he loves his hay so much:love:

yes, looks great. i especially like the size of the mesh - looks rat proof as rats are sometimes attracted by the food & can bother rabbits.

perhaps put his food out there when you feed him - near the entrance?
or buy a pot of parsley from the supermarket and put it out there. and a cardboard box with holes in for him to hide in & play with.

Yes he will be getting hitched hopefully over new year. Will try making a little shelter for him in the run too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aw, hopefully he'll get a bit braver in time.

I agree with Zoobec, in that he could do with somewhere to hide outside. We have ones like these https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HIDE-HOU...N-DUCK-TORTOISE-/281930118950?redirect=mobile.

I can't remember from your previous posts, will he be getting a friend? That would probably help with his confidence x

Absolutely this :thumb:

He'll find life so much more fun with a friend and I'll bet he'll be bouncing around as they chase one another.

Also - is there any way to build up so he can see out the window too? Some rabbits like to jump/climb up high and survey the scene.

Back