• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Watching your super elderly bunny grieving

I'm so sorry :'(

It's heartbreaking watching animals grieve :'( sending hugs xx

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm sorry to read this. I've seen it twice with my own bunnies.
Hugs to you and nose bumps to your bunny xx

It could also be argued that the grieving rabbit has actually lost more than the owner of the rabbits and additionally is in the situation of not being able to fully comprehend the new situation, so might also be feeling quite scared by itself :(

I find it heartbreaking to watch too :(

Sending lots of hugs.

Is so much more painful than my own grief. :cry:

It certainly is. As is observing a youngish Rabbit who never recovers from the loss of their soul mate. I am so sorry that you are having to witness an elderly Bunny grieving. It is heartbreaking :cry:

Thank you all <3

It is just so sad. She’s ‘ok’ but she’s elderly and alone now.

It’s a very different grief she is experiencing, from what I’m experiencing, it’s just super sad to see her follow me around or sit at the top of the stairs and peer down because we’re all down there. We have made lots of adaptations so she has more company. Turns out she likes the living room.

Uf she was slightly younger, I would have more options, but her age really limits the options.

With the rhd2 news I saw today I realised how risky it is to bring a new bunny into a home with four unvaccinatable bunnies. So I can’t do that. I’ve given her a bunny stuffed toy. She’s groomed it and is lying with it and my heart breaks. This isnt fair.

With the rhd2 news I saw today I realised how risky it is to bring a new bunny into a home with four unvaccinatable bunnies. So I can’t do that. I’ve given her a bunny stuffed toy. She’s groomed it and is lying with it and my heart breaks. This isnt fair.

I’m so sorry:cry: but you are doing the best you can for her :love:xx

Back