• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New member and new bunny nanny!

kerrileewood

New Kit
Hi there my name is Kerri and I'm new here. I have Echo a Himalayan Male and Luna a grey and white female, not sure of her breed. Luna had a litter last night. All 6 babies are alive, warn and active but I had a couple of questions please xx
b0e6e3d51cdc2bf25d4eaa5d674b3e3e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

It happens when a butterfly lands on her nose ... or when you take the Bible out of the bed ... ;). That was what you wanted to know, wasn’t it? ;).

Have you separated the parents? She can conceive again within twelve hours, I heard. Experts will be along soon. What did you want to know?

Lol yeah I took Daddy out. The nest hole she has made in the hay and straw is quite deep. My concern is that they can't get out of the hole to feed. I've read about checking their tummies to see if they look full but I can't tell you be honest. They are all lively and warm. I know that she will only feed them once maybe twice daily so my concern is what if any get missed? Can they miss a feed and catch up next feed or would I need to hand feed? Or do I just sit back and let nature take its course and hope for the best? Should I move the nest into a nest box? Is that even possible or would she reject them? Sorry for the 20 questions! Xx

Lol yeah I took Daddy out. The nest hole she has made in the hay and straw is quite deep. My concern is that they can't get out of the hole to feed. I've read about checking their tummies to see if they look full but I can't tell you be honest. They are all lively and warm. I know that she will only feed them once maybe twice daily so my concern is what if any get missed? Can they miss a feed and catch up next feed or would I need to hand feed? Or do I just sit back and let nature take its course and hope for the best? Should I move the nest into a nest box? Is that even possible or would she reject them? Sorry for the 20 questions! Xx

Have to be honest I don't know much about kits!

But I think the rule is warm and wriggly sounds good and aslong as no bellies are wrinkly? And they look nice and plump? [emoji38] Then it should be okay!

Are they inside or outside? If possible I'd want to leave the nest where the mum put it, they should be warm enough I can see she's plucked her fur for them. I wouldn't get involved unless any where not wriggly and bellies didn't look full. Hopefully mum will do most of the work and I hope someone who's far more knowledgeable comes along, glad you've separated dad too :) lots of vibes for your little ones :D x

Definitely check out the link omi linked I forgot about that, should have loads of fab advice on it :)
Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

But I think the rule is warm and wriggly sounds good and aslong as no bellies are wrinkly? And they look nice and plump? [emoji38] Then it should be okay!

Are they inside or outside? If possible I'd want to leave the nest where the mum put it, they should be warm enough I can see she's plucked her fur for them. I wouldn't get involved unless any where not wriggly and bellies didn't look full. Hopefully mum will do most of the work and I hope someone who's far more knowledgeable comes along, glad you've separated dad too :) lots of vibes for your little ones :D x

Definitely check out the link omi linked I forgot about that, should have loads of fab advice on it :)
Yeah they look quite filled out around the belly and really warm and active. Mum is doing really well too. Dad is sulking because he's been separated bless him xx

And thank you for the advice xx

Mum will look after her babies except if you notice one out of the nest you need to put it back in and hopefully it will be ok. How old is Mum and are they indoors or outside?

Mum will look after her babies except if you notice one out of the nest you need to put it back in and hopefully it will be ok. How old is Mum and are they indoors or outside?
I keep checking and they are staying put! Mum is just a year old. They are outside but have an insulated cage cover. The nest she has build is in the sleep box section and it's lovely and warm in there. About 6 inches deep with straw and hay plus extra around the sides. Thank you xx

Back