• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

This is amazing ..

Hmmm? A few observations. Firstly, my first rabbit - Max, used to sleep like this and appear to dream. He never seemed to sleep long like this, but I am fascinated to know if rabbits do dream. They are sentinent beings with thought process and memory so they must dream in some form. But I've not been able to observe Hillian doing this. The rabbit in the vid is clearly very much asleep and seems to pick up on the scent of the apple. But also there's alot of background noise so clearly very relaxed in that environment. It's beautiful to see.
But then I do (personally) feel the 'chunk' of apple on offer is a tad large (clearly bunnies favorite) and I'm not quite a fan of teasing rabbits up on their haunches to eat in this mannor. It's just a personal thing. I don't mind the occasional 'up on their hind legs' for a quick nommy treat, but not quite in favor of making them eat this way. And also clearly bunny was still zonko when they were woken up cause bunny had a wobble.
But it's cute and gives us an insight into a world that we seldom can enter and most of us wish we could.

Hmmm? A few observations. Firstly, my first rabbit - Max, used to sleep like this and appear to dream. He never seemed to sleep long like this, but I am fascinated to know if rabbits do dream. They are sentinent beings with thought process and memory so they must dream in some form. But I've not been able to observe Hillian doing this. The rabbit in the vid is clearly very much asleep and seems to pick up on the scent of the apple. But also there's alot of background noise so clearly very relaxed in that environment. It's beautiful to see.
But then I do (personally) feel the 'chunk' of apple on offer is a tad large (clearly bunnies favorite) and I'm not quite a fan of teasing rabbits up on their haunches to eat in this mannor. It's just a personal thing. I don't mind the occasional 'up on their hind legs' for a quick nommy treat, but not quite in favor of making them eat this way. And also clearly bunny was still zonko when they were woken up cause bunny had a wobble.
But it's cute and gives us an insight into a world that we seldom can enter and most of us wish we could.

I love the fact that the mere smell of the apple is giving him apply-eating type dreams :love:

But somewhere along the way he realised the apple was gone, even though relaxed and presumably asleep?
Very astute bunny and also very cute :D

Back