• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Books on bonding bunnies

Lindsey

Young Bun
Does anyone know about any books that I can buy about bonding bunnies? I got a little new baby bunny called Benji as a friend for Libby and need to start bonding them.

Hiya Lindsey, if you do a search on the forum there's some really good info on bonding, might be worth a look :D Look forward to seeing pics soon!

personally speaking; i've found many books i've read are out of date or don't cover the topic in question in any helpful detail.
bonding questions and really helpful answers are plentiful on this site.
plus the advice of many experts and bunny lovers on this site have provided me with SO much more knowledge than one book could ever provide. :D
ps having said all that, if you do come across such a book, i'd be very interested as i've a single male who would probably like to hook up with a single female after Christmas!! :wink: :lol: :lol:

I've got a house bunny book that has a section on bonding, but to be honest, there's nothing in there that you can't find on the infoweb, or even this very forum.

Thanks everyone, I had a good trawl through the site and found plenty!!! I am sure they will be best of mates in no time :love: but I must say I am quite jealous because I saw a few posts from people saying they never had problems bonding bunnies.... :lol: I wish that was me! Oh well fingers crossed..... :shock:

I think it also depends on your perception of "problems". We've not had many problems, but we don't really count a bit of fur flying and some minor scrapping as a problem as long as no-one loses blood or bits of their ears. :)

The only person that lost blood was me! :lol: :lol: Libby tried to go for Benji and my finger got in the way... :shock: Glad it was me and not the poor baby Benji. Could have done with a stitch or two me thinks but she has never been like that before and seems to be okay now. We are trying the swapping cages routine now and we will see how it goes from there. They were sniffing eachother through the cages yesterday and didn't look she wanted to fight with him so I am hopeful.

Back