• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Stupid choices and options for after death and ashes

Sky-O

Wise Old Thumper
I wish I could post about how difficult things are with having five ancient bunnies and all that’s going on, but I can’t.

Something, however, in particular is really bothering me.

Dawn used to live with his siblings, Sunny (RIP June 15) and Hope (RIP Nov 2014). Dawn was alone from then until April this year.

Dopey 1 used to live with Lightning (RIP April 2018) and her other half, Dopey 2 (RIP Nov 2012).

I bonded Dopey 1 and Dawn in April this year, after she lost Lightning and Dawn’s so so poorly right now.

I have always grouped bunnies into their bonded groups, for their ashes. So Sunny and Hope are in one photo box, with a space for Dawn. Dopey 2 and Lightning are in another photo box, with a space for Dopey 1.

Dawn and Dopey are now inseparable and I can’t bear the thought of splitting them up after death. But then I can’t keep Dopey 1 separate from her other half, Dopey 2. I feel I need to keep Dawn with his siblings. I feel like I need one big photo box to put all six bunnies in but I don’t believe that exists.

This is a stupid thing to stress about, but it’s something that feels so important in the middle of this- I don’t know why. And I don’t know what I should do or should be planning with their ashes and the others.

I’m aware of how stupid this is so I will probably delete this.

It’s not stupid at all. I don’t know what I’d do in your situation tbh, maybe you could get a photo box specially made for all 6 bunnies? I’m sorry you are in this situation:cry:

Thinking of you xx

It’s not stupid at all. I don’t know what I’d do in your situation tbh, maybe you could get a photo box specially made for all 6 bunnies? I’m sorry you are in this situation:cry:

Thinking of you xx

I agree. I would feel just the same and don’t know what I would do either. It’s certainly not stupid. X

It's not stupid at all if be thinking of getting a photobox custom made or could you think of maybe putting them in a decorative urn and making a little corner in a room for them with photos that's what I did with my dogs ashes once I put them together

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Thinking of you xx

yes, maybe trying to find a company who would custom make something suitable

sorry not to be of any real help x

Thank you so much for being so kind guys. I can’t afford something custom made but I can’t communicate how much I appreciate the fact you didn’t judge me.

Been thinking about this today. If you are able to cope with accessing a pinch of each of the departed Bunnies ashes how about 'bonding' them and having them made into a memorial glass bead. Something like this

https://www.memoriesinglass.org/pandora-style-beads

So they would all be together, in some way.

Maybe you could save up to get one made. She also takes custom orders. I have a bead made with Inspector Morse's fur and I can highly recommend her Company x

I don’t know what the photo boxes are like, but I’m just wondering if a multi aperture photo frame could be used alongside or on top of the caskets in some way?

No judging from me, ever!

I have no idea what a photo box is like, so my suggestion might be entirely rubbish. However, I am certainly not judging you.

Are there not different size photo boxes for different size pets? Could you not get a photo box that is designed for the ashes of a dog and use that?

What sort of box are you looking for to group them all together? If you could give us an idea of dimensions or decorations or type of lid etc, then we can keep a look out for something suitable for you x

What type of boxes, you could maybe decorate your own, like ones sold in the works for other things, they do lots shapes sizes

You guys are so wonderful. I cried reading this last night.

There photoboxes I have are varying sizes of this http://www.sunnyfieldspetcrematoriu...=product_info&cPath=13_21_24&products_id=1876 but google tells me there may be more options. The idea of a dog one is smart, as is being creative with my own. I’ve found some cube ones so need to look at the sizes a little closer but then I can have threee different photos on it (if the three pairs, and maybe also if the two trios).

Back