• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What's Going On With This Bun?

Beapig

Mama Doe
An animal sanctuary I support in Spain posted a video of this rabbit yesterday (WARNING: some might find it distressing)

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpaYNwuFsT7/?hl=en&taken-by=minovalleyfarmsanctuary

The rabbit appears to be having a fit, with a tilted head, and its eyes are rolling back. If you read the description, they've already established he has an ear infection. As I know there are so many rabbit owners on here with years and years of experience with many different rabbits, I wonder if anyone recognises the symptoms and has any advice to put forward?

They are an amazing sanctuary and it sounds like they're working with the best vets possible, but there's nothing like first hand experience of caring for a sick rabbit.

FYI, this poor baby was rescued from a meat farm :(

An animal sanctuary I support in Spain posted a video of this rabbit yesterday (WARNING: some might find it distressing)

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpaYNwuFsT7/?hl=en&taken-by=minovalleyfarmsanctuary

The rabbit appears to be having a fit, with a tilted head, and its eyes are rolling back. If you read the description, they've already established he has an ear infection. As I know there are so many rabbit owners on here with years and years of experience with many different rabbits, I wonder if anyone recognises the symptoms and has any advice to put forward?

They are an amazing sanctuary and it sounds like they're working with the best vets possible, but there's nothing like first hand experience of caring for a sick rabbit.

FYI, this poor baby was rescued from a meat farm :(

I am afraid my advise would be PTS on humane grounds. Sorry to be blunt, but otitis media that has spread to the brain is highly unlikely to be treatable. Both that and a brain tumour would require neurosurgery. For me I could not let the poor Bunny continue to suffer when than chances of successful treatment are almost zero.

But that is just my unqualified opinion based on my experience with a Rabbit who had otitis media and a brain abscess.

Back