PDA

View Full Version : How often do you clean out your rabbit/s?

MightyMax
24-10-2018, 12:18 AM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/45841864

Pretty good for a children's programme?

Graciee
24-10-2018, 12:37 AM
Damn I didn't get them all right... [emoji38] That's not good....

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

MightyMax
24-10-2018, 12:50 AM

Oh I only watched the vid .... I'd better go and do the quiz :)

MightyMax
24-10-2018, 12:52 AM

I disagree with all the answers for how often to clean out the hutch!

(Apart from the fact my rabbits don't have one of course :lol:)

MightyMax
24-10-2018, 01:05 PM
*bump*

keletkezes
24-10-2018, 02:03 PM
5/5! Cleaning out the 'hutch' once a week is what I do, litter trays are just more often (but still only every 3-4 days because they like to 'spread it' between the three trays).

MightyMax
24-10-2018, 10:21 PM
5/5! Cleaning out the 'hutch' once a week is what I do, litter trays are just more often (but still only every 3-4 days because they like to 'spread it' between the three trays).

I don't clean the litter tray every hour, but I do clean it every day :)
(That wasn't on the questionnaire :lol:)

nap91
24-10-2018, 10:39 PM
5/5 :D

I clean Snowy out once a week, with the litter tray every couple of days because she is incredibly clean and won't go anywhere other than her litter tray.
Phillip is more often as although he's litter trained, he ends up kicking litter everywhere, tipping his water bowl and just being a general menace :lol:

Graciee
24-10-2018, 11:26 PM
I don't clean the litter tray every hour, but I do clean it every day :)
(That wasn't on the questionnaire [emoji38])Yeaaa!

MightyMax
25-10-2018, 12:22 AM
5/5 :D

I clean Snowy out once a week, with the litter tray every couple of days because she is incredibly clean and won't go anywhere other than her litter tray.
Phillip is more often as although he's litter trained, he ends up kicking litter everywhere, tipping his water bowl and just being a general menace :lol:

Oh maybe once a week is normal then!

I find bits of hay get dragged out of the litter tray and I also need to clean the (very large) litter tray more often :)

nap91
25-10-2018, 12:47 AM
Oh maybe once a week is normal then!

I find bits of hay get dragged out of the litter tray and I also need to clean the (very large) litter tray more often :)

Ah do you line your litter tray with hay then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HMacU2
25-10-2018, 05:56 AM
I clean litter trays and sweep daily. I also check blankets etc. This only takes about 10-20mins depending on how much litter theyíve decided to dig out. This is usually done after work but if I have time Iíll do a quick tidy up before work when I top up hay but that only takes a couple minutes! Full clean once a week with the shed hoovered and mopped, blankets washed etc

Graciee
25-10-2018, 06:06 AM
Yea my litter trays are done every evening, I give hay then too, in the morning I just feed pellets and change water bowls, obviously I'd give hay if needed, but I give so much in the evening it lasts them till the following evening where they get more :) sometimes if I put a new hay type in tho, it goes very quickly, and needs topping up [emoji38]

MightyMax
25-10-2018, 10:06 AM
Ah do you line your litter tray with hay then?

Yes, I use newspaper and hay. But they get their 'eating' hay separate too :D

nap91
25-10-2018, 10:20 AM
Yes, I use newspaper and hay. But they get their 'eating' hay separate too :D

Ah I see. Thatís probably why I clean them less frequently though as I buy litter for their trays. Expensive but soaks up well and doesnít smell :lol:

Graciee
25-10-2018, 10:28 AM
Ah I see. Thatís probably why I clean them less frequently though as I buy litter for their trays. Expensive but soaks up well and doesnít smell [emoji38]

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkI use litter, that back 2 nature stuff, it's very good but I still clean trays out daily :)

nap91
25-10-2018, 10:35 AM
I use litter, that back 2 nature stuff, it's very good but I still clean trays out daily :)

Thatís what I use :)
Snowy doesnít seem to actually go to the toilet that much though so hers never needs doing daily!
Phillip can vary from daily to every 2 days depending how much litter heís kicked into his water bowl :lol:

Graciee
25-10-2018, 10:54 AM
Thatís what I use :)
Snowy doesnít seem to actually go to the toilet that much though so hers never needs doing daily!
Phillip can vary from daily to every 2 days depending how much litter heís kicked into his water bowl [emoji38]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[emoji38][emoji38]

Inside buns could easily go every two days, but I do it every night to monitor output from Atticus.

Outside buns tho... My gawd... They have a bigger tray and it's always so full and there's loads outside the tray, I left it two days once and never again, they poop so much more [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

nap91
25-10-2018, 10:59 AM
[emoji38][emoji38]

Outside buns tho... My gawd... They have a bigger tray and it's always so full and there's loads outside the tray, I left it two days once and never again, they poop so much more [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

:lol:

One of my friends has 4 outside rabbits and she doesnít use litter trays. I donít know how she does it [emoji43][emoji43] that would be too much mess for me!

Graciee
25-10-2018, 11:03 AM
[emoji38]

One of my friends has 4 outside rabbits and she doesnít use litter trays. I donít know how she does it [emoji43][emoji43] that would be too much mess for me!

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkI might aswell not tbh [emoji38] the sheer amount of poop everywhere is ridiculous! There's only two of them, but honestly it's more than double the amount of the inside two [emoji38]

binkyCodie
25-10-2018, 11:22 AM
mine are cleaned every 3 days, litter empty, full sweep and clean. but every night any stray poops and hay partys that have happened are swept up and put in the litter tray, or back into their bowl. they throw alllll the hay out of the bowl, and then think they have none, so I put the old stuff back in the bowl, and they get all excited as they think its fresh hay. repeat until its all gone, and then they get some "new" :lol:

zarathustra
25-10-2018, 11:26 AM
We used to do their litter tray every morning and clean their hutch out once a week.

This would be subject to change, for example if the weather was particularly horrible then we might clean them out a couple of times if things have gotten a bit damp, and we'd often find ourselves do spot cleans of the area around the litter trays as some days they would use them, and other days they would sit outside the litter tray and eat the hay from inside so leaving their business around the edge of the litter tray.

When we first got them home and found out they had ringworm we were cleaning and disinfecting their hutch every night for over a month, it might have been excessive, but we were just following the instructions from the vet.

MightyMax
25-10-2018, 05:53 PM
Ah I see. Thatís probably why I clean them less frequently though as I buy litter for their trays. Expensive but soaks up well and doesnít smell :lol:

Yes that's it :)

As the litter trays are in the house, I prefer to change them every day (sometimes one they use most needs changing twice a day)

However, I would draw the line at every hour :lol:

mini lop1
25-10-2018, 07:31 PM
When I was in school and had hutch rabbits I always cleaned out the soiled areas everyday, then did proper clean once week
Now I don't have in hutches so can't answer that question as I empty litter tray 3 times a day :lol:

MightyMax
25-10-2018, 10:35 PM
We used to do their litter tray every morning and clean their hutch out once a week.

This would be subject to change, for example if the weather was particularly horrible then we might clean them out a couple of times if things have gotten a bit damp, and we'd often find ourselves do spot cleans of the area around the litter trays as some days they would use them, and other days they would sit outside the litter tray and eat the hay from inside so leaving their business around the edge of the litter tray.

When we first got them home and found out they had ringworm we were cleaning and disinfecting their hutch every night for over a month, it might have been excessive, but we were just following the instructions from the vet.

I'd forgotten they had ringworm.
What a lot of cleaning you had to do ..

MightyMax
25-10-2018, 11:16 PM
When I was in school and had hutch rabbits I always cleaned out the soiled areas everyday, then did proper clean once week
Now I don't have in hutches so can't answer that question as I empty litter tray 3 times a day :lol:

I like this :D

tonibun
26-10-2018, 07:25 PM
Well I've got 37 litter trays which I clean out every day. Most of the hutches stay reasonably clean so get cleaned out when they need it. quite a lot of my rabbits have 2 litter trays.