• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How often do you clean out your rabbit/s?

Damn I didn't get them all right... [emoji38] That's not good....

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Damn I didn't get them all right... [emoji38] That's not good....

I disagree with all the answers for how often to clean out the hutch!

(Apart from the fact my rabbits don't have one of course :lol:)

5/5! Cleaning out the 'hutch' once a week is what I do, litter trays are just more often (but still only every 3-4 days because they like to 'spread it' between the three trays).

5/5! Cleaning out the 'hutch' once a week is what I do, litter trays are just more often (but still only every 3-4 days because they like to 'spread it' between the three trays).

I don't clean the litter tray every hour, but I do clean it every day :)
(That wasn't on the questionnaire :lol:)

5/5 :D

I clean Snowy out once a week, with the litter tray every couple of days because she is incredibly clean and won't go anywhere other than her litter tray.
Phillip is more often as although he's litter trained, he ends up kicking litter everywhere, tipping his water bowl and just being a general menace :lol:

5/5 :D

I clean Snowy out once a week, with the litter tray every couple of days because she is incredibly clean and won't go anywhere other than her litter tray.
Phillip is more often as although he's litter trained, he ends up kicking litter everywhere, tipping his water bowl and just being a general menace :lol:

Oh maybe once a week is normal then!

I find bits of hay get dragged out of the litter tray and I also need to clean the (very large) litter tray more often :)

Oh maybe once a week is normal then!

I find bits of hay get dragged out of the litter tray and I also need to clean the (very large) litter tray more often :)

Ah do you line your litter tray with hay then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I clean litter trays and sweep daily. I also check blankets etc. This only takes about 10-20mins depending on how much litter they’ve decided to dig out. This is usually done after work but if I have time I’ll do a quick tidy up before work when I top up hay but that only takes a couple minutes! Full clean once a week with the shed hoovered and mopped, blankets washed etc

Yea my litter trays are done every evening, I give hay then too, in the morning I just feed pellets and change water bowls, obviously I'd give hay if needed, but I give so much in the evening it lasts them till the following evening where they get more :) sometimes if I put a new hay type in tho, it goes very quickly, and needs topping up [emoji38]

Yes, I use newspaper and hay. But they get their 'eating' hay separate too :D

Ah I see. That’s probably why I clean them less frequently though as I buy litter for their trays. Expensive but soaks up well and doesn’t smell :lol:

Ah I see. That’s probably why I clean them less frequently though as I buy litter for their trays. Expensive but soaks up well and doesn’t smell [emoji38]

I use litter, that back 2 nature stuff, it's very good but I still clean trays out daily :)

I use litter, that back 2 nature stuff, it's very good but I still clean trays out daily :)

That’s what I use :)
Snowy doesn’t seem to actually go to the toilet that much though so hers never needs doing daily!
Phillip can vary from daily to every 2 days depending how much litter he’s kicked into his water bowl :lol:

That’s what I use :)
Snowy doesn’t seem to actually go to the toilet that much though so hers never needs doing daily!
Phillip can vary from daily to every 2 days depending how much litter he’s kicked into his water bowl [emoji38]

[emoji38][emoji38]

Inside buns could easily go every two days, but I do it every night to monitor output from Atticus.

Outside buns tho... My gawd... They have a bigger tray and it's always so full and there's loads outside the tray, I left it two days once and never again, they poop so much more [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

[emoji38][emoji38]

Outside buns tho... My gawd... They have a bigger tray and it's always so full and there's loads outside the tray, I left it two days once and never again, they poop so much more [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

:lol:

One of my friends has 4 outside rabbits and she doesn’t use litter trays. I don’t know how she does it [emoji43][emoji43] that would be too much mess for me!

[emoji38]

One of my friends has 4 outside rabbits and she doesn’t use litter trays. I don’t know how she does it [emoji43][emoji43] that would be too much mess for me!

I might aswell not tbh [emoji38] the sheer amount of poop everywhere is ridiculous! There's only two of them, but honestly it's more than double the amount of the inside two [emoji38]

Back