• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

strange feeding behaviour from Mouse

joey&boo

Wise Old Thumper
For the past few days whenever I put fresh or dried forage down for the buns, Mouse just remains rooted to where she is :( We give her a bum nudge & she then joins J&B & eats well. She does have the appetite just doesn't have the impetus to rush straight over for noms.

Relationship dynamics are fine / as normal.

Any suggestions? x

For the past few days whenever I put fresh or dried forage down for the buns, Mouse just remains rooted to where she is :( We give her a bum nudge & she then joins J&B & eats well. She does have the appetite just doesn't have the impetus to rush straight over for noms.

Any suggestions? x
No suggestions unfortunately, but Clementine sometimes does this and I get really worried then a few days later she's back to mugging me for food - it could mean somethings up though I guess if she doesn't start being excited for the food?

Pure speculation - could it be teeth maybe? Hope you figure it out whatever it is x

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Any suggestions? x

She wants room service?

No suggestions unfortunately, but Clementine sometimes does this and I get really worried then a few days later she's back to mugging me for food - it could mean somethings up though I guess if she doesn't start being excited for the food?

Pure speculation - could it be teeth maybe? Hope you figure it out whatever it is x

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Thanks. I hope Mouse gets in to mugging again soon. If things were rocky with Boo I'd have attributed it to that. I suspect her tushy pegs are in good order - she eats a ridiculous quantity of hay & she does trough the other stuff, but only after being nudged in the right direction

I see this as Mouseypie is bottom of the bunny pack and if she rushes in she may get a telling off.

I think i read somewhere that bunnys in groups have a top male and female bun. Mouseypie isn't top bun material bless her [emoji175]

Maybe some one else has some experience considering I could only dream of bonding a trio!

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Just a thought, but do your buns have forage available all the time and which you top up when it’s been eaten or do you feed it at set times during the day?

It’s just that since I stopped feeding my two at set times and started having the fresh and dried forage and herbs available to graze on all the time they stopped rushing over and gobbling it up in one go. I figured it was because they realised since it’s there all the time they don’t have to run over and bolt the lot down, just amble over and graze at their leisure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a thought, but do your buns have forage available all the time and which you top up when it’s been eaten or do you feed it at set times during the day?

It’s just that since I stopped feeding my two at set times and started having the fresh and dried forage and herbs available to graze on all the time they stopped rushing over and gobbling it up in one go. I figured it was because they realised since it’s there all the time they don’t have to run over and bolt the lot down, just amble over and graze at their leisure.

I imagine B is dressed as a butler with a silver plate of forage avaliable non stop round the clock!

I see this as Mouseypie is bottom of the bunny pack and if she rushes in she may get a telling off.

I think i read somewhere that bunnys in groups have a top male and female bun. Mouseypie isn't top bun material bless her [emoji175]

Maybe some one else has some experience considering I could only dream of bonding a trio!

You could well be on to something Loobers. She does hang back when its litter tray change time - because Boo demands first dibbs on both trays I imagine. She may just be doing the same with all foods now. I'm curious about what instigated the change. Maybe Boobly had words when we weren't around

No mine don't have permanent access - I need it to last the whole winter :lol: Not really set times either, just several feasts a day. There are more leftovers than there used to be as they are very obssessed with their hay at the moment

Do you think that she is as aware as the other two that the forage has arrived? I ask this, as I used to sense that Tan was becoming mentally slower as she got older and this was one of the things she used to do with food.

Do you think that she is as aware as the other two that the forage has arrived? I ask this, as I used to sense that Tan was becoming mentally slower as she got older and this was one of the things she used to do with food.

No she doesn't seem that aware. Maybe that's it - my poor Mouseypie with dementia

I shall have to do some experimenting

No she doesn't seem that aware. Maybe that's it - my poor Mouseypie with dementia

I shall have to do some experimenting
Don't say that, I am worried about mousey now. I like my theory the bested

I'm with Loobers here. Rabbit dynamics are oriented around this and it may be that it's just a pecking order thing. You helping her along may be just giving her that reassurance that you are there and things are ok for mouseypie.

I'm with Loobers here. Rabbit dynamics are oriented around this and it may be that it's just a pecking order thing. You helping her along may be just giving her that reassurance that you are there and things are ok for mouseypie.
Archie definitely does this, Pip always has to get food first otherwise she tells of Archie. So he hangs back till its safe to approach the yummy food.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

I also think Loober’s interpretation is very plausible. The three terrors must have had a meeting about it. You’ll probably find the minutes if you rummage around the litter trays!

Speaking of odd bunny behaviour, why does Snoopy flick his back feet at me when I give him a treat? Is he saying “Ta for the treat. Now f**k off!”?

I also think Loober’s interpretation is very plausible. The three terrors must have had a meeting about it. You’ll probably find the minutes if you rummage around the litter trays!

Speaking of odd bunny behaviour, why does Snoopy flick his back feet at me when I give him a treat? Is he saying “Ta for the treat. Now f**k off!”?

As the new bunny behavior guru I would say because they are desperate for the nom but you are still a hooman and they need to flick the germs off

Yeah Scrappy! Don't hang round once you've dished the treats up, they are not there to entertain you. Dirty!

Yeah Scrappy! Don't hang round once you've dished the treats up, they are not there to entertain you. Dirty!
You have to feed them like kippers thrown to the seals for minimal hooman to rabbit contact

Back