• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

RU please reassure me

loobers25

Warren Veteran
That I am doing the right thing. I've booked Dennis in this Friday for a check up (want to get his teeth checked). OH will be at work so will have to go on my own. Rang Anton and explained I have a terrible fear of taking the rabbits in the car after Tobys heart attack. They said John can see me at a nearby clinic (15 mins from my house) I've booked in there. The receptionist was already aware of the situation and was really helpful.

Am I doing the right thing taking Dennis for a check up, I don't want anything bad to happen :, (

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Yes, you are doing the right thing. Dennis is very laid back and doesn’t seem to mind travelling at all if I can recall. Everything will be fine xx

Yes, you are doing the right thing. Dennis is very laid back and doesn’t seem to mind travelling at all if I can recall. Everything will be fine xx
I'm literally sat here shaking at the thought of it, I know it's really silly but the whole experience was horrendous. I'm going to take Maple and Dennis together.

You will be fine, they will be fine, though being fearful is understanderable. Big hugs and calming vibes for you xxxx

I'm literally sat here shaking at the thought of it, I know it's really silly but the whole experience was horrendous. I'm going to take Maple and Dennis together.

I know exactly how you are feeling, sadly. But I know you can do it, and I know they will be fine. Do you have any rescue remedy, for you to take to help calm your nerves?

Hugs xx

Yes, you are doing the right thing.
I would come with you, very happily, to give you some support, but I can't get to you.

That I am doing the right thing. I've booked Dennis in this Friday for a check up (want to get his teeth checked). OH will be at work so will have to go on my own. Rang Anton and explained I have a terrible fear of taking the rabbits in the car after Tobys heart attack. They said John can see me at a nearby clinic (15 mins from my house) I've booked in there. The receptionist was already aware of the situation and was really helpful.

Am I doing the right thing taking Dennis for a check up, I don't want anything bad to happen :, (

I can totally empathise with your anxiety. But you are definitely doing the right thing. Dennis will be fine. Like many Bunnies he may not be best pleased with having to travel anywhere, but I am sure he'll bounce back once he gets home again.

My dear friend is also my Vet and mostly she will come out to see my Rabbits at home. But if they need any surgical procedure they do have to travel to the Surgery and I get dreadfully anxious about them. But my Vet said that if I work on being calm myself and making the experience all very 'normal' and nothing to be worried about the Bunnies are less likely to be stressed. They definitely can and do pick up on our anxieties.

I do my relaxation and mindfulness exercises to try to prepare myself for having to to take a Bunny to the surgery. I dont think it's my imagination that the less stressy I am the less anxious the Bunny is.

Sending lots of vibes for both you and Dennis xx

Yes you are doing the right thing.

I am glad you can be seen more locally.
It will be OK. The past isn't the present or the future.

Sending loads of hugs xx

You've always done the right thing by your buns & this is no different. Dennis & Maples will be fine. I totally get how scary the prospect is though. I'm pleased John is seeing you much closer to home xx

He will be absolutely fine and you are definitely doing the right thing.

Phillip and I are travelling 45 mins to see John on Thursday - I’m glad they have arranged a closer clinic for you, that’s really helpful of them xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with everyone else. Lots of positives in that you can make absolutely sure that there is nothing wrong with Dennis to affect his relationship with Maple. I'm sure this is at the back of your mind and so playing on your anxiety. Also obviously if Dennis needs his teeth done, then the sooner the better. I think it's fantastic that John has offered to see you at a different and closer surgery. This to me shows that he completely understands how you are feeling. And last of all, once you've done it, the next time will be just that little bit easier.

You can do this :D

Thanks everybun, i wasn't expecting so many lovely messages. I used to be a fully functioning adult until bunnies came along - I swear!

I think the whole situation was made worse by the fact he had just been discharged from John's and I was so happy to have him home. So many episodes then he passes on the way home? It's just a horribly cruel and shocking memory that we are a little bit struggly with

He will be absolutely fine and you are definitely doing the right thing.

Phillip and I are travelling 45 mins to see John on Thursday - I’m glad they have arranged a closer clinic for you, that’s really helpful of them xx

I have been thinking of you living even further than me. Good luck for Thursday Phillip, are you having a check up?

Yes, you are doing the right thing.
I would come with you, very happily, to give you some support, but I can't get to you.
That's really sweet of you Babsie. I would like our Hampshire crew to go for a lunch one day

I have been thinking of you living even further than me. Good luck for Thursday Phillip, are you having a check up?

Yes just a check up. Still a stressful experience having to drive that far with him in the car on my own though!! But he will be ok, as he always is, just as Dennis will be with a 15 minute drive :)

Yes just a check up. Still a stressful experience having to drive that far with him in the car on my own though!! But he will be ok, as he always is, just as Dennis will be with a 15 minute drive :)

Good boy Philip, I hope everything goes well with Uncle John. Please let me know how his check up is

Loobers, absolutley you are doing the right thing - you ALWAYS do the right thing for your rabbits. I can absolutely positively understand your anxiety about driving to the vets so soon after things. As much as I'd like to say otherwise, ok, it IS a perfectly normal hooman behaviour from someone who cares. If you weren't anxious I would be more worried about it. When we lost Ben, we drove him to the vets clinic and to me, every time I make that drive now, I get flashbacks. It's perfectly normal. Lillian has to go for her annual jabs tonight so I'll be doing that drive and I feel the same way whenever I make that drive. As MM rightly said, the past is the past and as much as we wish we could change it, we can't.
It's right getting Dennis checked out - I'm sure he will be fine and I look forward to any updates later from you. But you will be fine. Your freinds here all support you and that is what we are here for. But please be assured you are behaving normally and no one would expect you to be anything else. Sending you vibes for Friday. And if I wasn't driving all the way to York, I'd have offered to come down and help you with the vet.
Craig x

I work two jobs on a Friday but if your appointment is in the middle of them I could take you and then go on to work.

I remember the long drive to Anton's with my tripod bunny and how stressful it was. It is very kind of John to agree to see you locally but I can understand why even a short car journey with Dennis is scary.

xxxx

Back