• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Introducing Lady Fabala Boo Hoppy-Lou the Licky

tlcwrites

Mama Doe
...but Bala Boo will do just fine. ;)

Fabala was adopted from Honeybunnies on the 12th of October this year. Her addition to the Wayward clan was for 2 reasons... 1. Elphie's group has become a little unstable due to her passing. 2. I needed somebunny to focus on during my grief for my beloved Elphie. The latter reason was more the concern for those around me, including my OH. Nothing and nobunny can ever replace Elphie in my heart, but this isn't about replacement. I stand by the reasoning that each bunny carves its own place in the heart, and Fabala is finding her own.

She was surrendered to Honeybunnies after losing her husbun and her original owner fell ill. I know that it was a gut-wrenching decision for her original owner, but she felt it was for the best for her. Unfortunately, she has been spoiled a little too much - half a carrot a day and honey/banana based treats! This has had an understandable repercussion on her physique. I'm sure she'd prefer it if you called her floofy, but we're under no illusions here; Fabala is fat. She needs to lose a little weight and more importantly - tone up her muscles!

This not-so-little lady is a neutered seal point dwarf lop (according to her notes). She's short-sighted and scans a lot. I've never had a rabbit that scans before, and I found it so sad to see at first. But, this is a "normal" for her, and she doesn't know that it isn't typical behaviour. Her coat is beautiful, not like any other bun I've had before. It's somewhat longer, more dense than a regular rabbit coat, very soft but a little matted. Not helped by the fact that she's in the middle of a horrendous moult too! She's a very strange little creature. I sometimes wonder if I adopted a puppy, not a rabbit. She likes to be tickled like a dog or cat, as opposed to the smooth strokes and noserubs everybun else enjoys. And when you tickle her, she starts to lick. Hay, the litter tray, any part of your body. She'll always lick in return for tickles. I've had my hand and arm washed so many times already, it's ridiculous. We were told that she does lick, but I underestimated just how soon it would begin, and the intensity of it.

As for her name - as with all my Honeybunnies, her Honeybunny name has become her middle name. Fabala, meanwhile, is a name I picked specifically in honour of my darling Elphie. Elphie is a nickname for the "Wicked" witch in the musical, Wicked. In the source material, the book, Fabala is used. Boo comes from her name prior to rescue Betty-Boo (or Betsy-Boo? Jill?) She responds well to the "oo" sound, so we added Boo back into her name in reference to that. Unfortunately I've been full of flu/cold (OH says flu, I say cold) and it has affected my voice, so I haven't been able to call anybun properly!

Only a few photos as bonding + illness has led to me not being as camera-quick as usual during bonding. But, I'll make up for it in the future...

fKabO5t.jpg

DwowFO0.jpg

6LAnQ5t.jpg

pePe7GO.jpg

....the fluff in the litter tray isn't from scrapping! It's from grooming Fabala. She really is moulting badly.

She is lovely:love: I’m sure she will do well now she has a healthy lifestyle:thumb:

Well hello Bala Boo and what a heart melter your are. Its lovely to see her making herself very cosy and settling in and I'm looking forward to following the adventures of such a beautiful bunny. x

lovely to see Hoppy-Lou as was relaxing in her new forever home :) and yep she needs tone as mucn as a diet as I expect when she has finished her moutl she won't be too bad if she gets moving a bit! :)
While she was with me I did get attached as she is such a loving rabbit so pleased she will get lots of human love as well as her new rabbit friends xx

Where most rabbits would send nosebumps in gratitude, Fabala Boo would like to send licks to say thank you for her RU welcome.

lovely to see Hoppy-Lou as was relaxing in her new forever home :) and yep she needs tone as mucn as a diet as I expect when she has finished her moutl she won't be too bad if she gets moving a bit! :)
While she was with me I did get attached as she is such a loving rabbit so pleased she will get lots of human love as well as her new rabbit friends xx

Yuki Winter's lop fetish finally kicked in today. He's groomed FBHL a couple of times and loved being groomed in return. She is very fastidious with his ears. She also tried to DBF, but bounced back up thanks to her 'cushioning'. We've started her exercise regime (aside from new diet and exercise from being in a group) today. We're taking her downstairs and encouraging to climb up. She's surprisingly fast too! Hopefully this moult will come to an end soon, poor girl!

I can tell why you became attached. We're already in love. She is exactly the rabbit I need at this moment in time.

...and just as I finished typing, I caught YW grooming her again. :love:

Where most rabbits would send nosebumps in gratitude, Fabala Boo would like to send licks to say thank you for her RU welcome.

Yuki Winter's lop fetish finally kicked in today. He's groomed FBHL a couple of times and loved being groomed in return. She is very fastidious with his ears. She also tried to DBF, but bounced back up thanks to her 'cushioning'. We've started her exercise regime (aside from new diet and exercise from being in a group) today. We're taking her downstairs and encouraging to climb up. She's surprisingly fast too! Hopefully this moult will come to an end soon, poor girl!
I can tell why you became attached. We're already in love. She is exactly the rabbit I need at this moment in time.
...and just as I finished typing, I caught YW grooming her again. :love:

So glad she had made Yuki and you happy ..happy-Lou! lol

Lovely girl is still finding her feet. Morning is a bit put out, but for the most part everyone else is fine. She's exercising begrudgingly, and almost flies up the stairs. And yes still very licky. Even feet!

She's got to be Fabalalous!

Awwww. Love it! :love:

Back