• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny proofing Archie and Pip's new house

Mervinius

Mama Doe
Today we finally made one of our bunny gates. The buns haven't been near it yet. I can't say if it will definitely keep them out of the kitchen. Lol.

We also blocked the hole that Archie escaped down the other night, when I thought he might have eaten ant poison. Ahhh.

We've realised we stop them going upstairs with another gate, because they can jump from the back of the sofa through the banister gap. Didn't even think about that. Hahaha. Photo evidence included.....

Bunnies!

4d1a0186a7a7983eb4c4599c10830a13.jpg
d9c7b60e194ce2a661971bf948ad57c4.jpg
32ff0b31b56691e51db46a52de8386f4.jpg

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Oh my. I'm sorry, I had to allow myself a dirty chuckle looking at the bun about to launch himself through the open gap in the bannister. You know, people dismiss rabbits for not being intelligent. I openly and forcefully disagree entirley. They have defined intelligence, and they are perfectly capable of working things out and not just working them out, solving them with a degree of basic mathematic priciples and laws of physics. They will jump, having calculated to the exact inch, the distance they need to get from A-B but having already worked out what they want from B. One step ahead - that's the Nethie motto and I've got one here that's just as bad. PS - your house is beatifully tidy and well co-ordinated.

That's a really nice gate! Sorry Parchie hoomans are party poopers

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

That IS a gorgeous gate! I have a 'launcher' too, but he's also a climber! Lopsy's an absolute terror indoors: he'll squeeze through tiny gaps (and he's not small!), jump well over a metre in height and quite some distance in length, and climb anything he thinks he can get away with. It's like he's got the Netherland Dwarf 'no fear' attitude! Hope you find solutions to all the mischief :D

That IS a gorgeous gate! I have a 'launcher' too, but he's also a climber! Lopsy's an absolute terror indoors: he'll squeeze through tiny gaps (and he's not small!), jump well over a metre in height and quite some distance in length, and climb anything he thinks he can get away with. It's like he's got the Netherland Dwarf 'no fear' attitude! Hope you find solutions to all the mischief :D
I'm sure they'll get their little gnashers on the gate soon and style it nicely. Hahaha. It is amazing the gaps they can get through. I thought he would go through anything smaller than his head and whiskers. How wrong was I. Lol.

I do love how they keep us on our toes.

Ha Ha - he's quite the little 'artiste' isn't he. Again, it must be a nethie thing. I'll try and remember to take a photo of the chunks that Henry has knashed out of the corner of the living room wall when I don't open the door quick enough for him to go upstairs and check that it's still there. Honestly, it's like he thinks I'm his personal slave or something.....

Ha, you call that a skirting board nibble! Haha! I WISH the nibbles in my skirting boards, walls and flooring were that small! Perry and Calloway have done £300 worth of damage to my kitchen lino, and we've had to put plastic corners on EVERY SINGLE CORNER of the house they can access, and they seem to find more every day. We had to move the sofa because they were balancing on the back of it and eating the WALL at head height. Actually down to the brick. Can rabbits have pica?!

Ha, you call that a skirting board nibble! Haha! I WISH the nibbles in my skirting boards, walls and flooring were that small! Perry and Calloway have done £300 worth of damage to my kitchen lino, and we've had to put plastic corners on EVERY SINGLE CORNER of the house they can access, and they seem to find more every day. We had to move the sofa because they were balancing on the back of it and eating the WALL at head height. Actually down to the brick. Can rabbits have pica?!

Well they are only teeny tiny buns and we've only been here a month. But they aren't chewers really.

Shock at your buns. How did they eat the lino? What are plastic corners? And eating brick??? They sound like they are little monsters.

Yeah- this is Henry! We don't have Lino but he's knawed the plaster off the corner of the walls. Still, on the plus side it keeps his teeth down!😄

Oh no!

I popped on here for a dose of cuteness and I wasn't disappointed :D

Sorry I haven't read all the bunny proofing bit - I am just overcome with their Majesties :love:
I swear they did that pose to melt me into a pile of goo. It's not natural being that cute, I can't resist their little feetsies.

Back