• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

"Fuzzy Wuzzy" rabbits for sale in pet shop

honeybunny

Wise Old Thumper
I visited a local pet shop today and was horrified to see what looked like angora babies being sold. Their fur was already quite matted with wood shavings and messy round the back end. :( To make matters worse a large hand written sign was stuck on their cage which said "Lovely Fuzzy Wuzzy rabbits only £22 pounds each" Maybe I'm wrong here but I've never heard of the breed Fuzzy Wuzzy and , along with most people on here, think pet shops should not sell long haired animals.(if any at all!) I don't know why this sign upset me so much..it just did!! :(

Fuzzy wuzzy? :roll: There is no such breed..it just shows how ignorant they are. IMHO I agree Pet Shops should not sell long-coated rabbits as the people buying them will not know how much grooming to give them. Poor things.

Clare

last time i went into a pet shop near where i work there were 3 rabbits in a cage together with two water bottles both of which were empty.......next day i went back in and they were still empty!! :cry:

Informed the girl who is suppose to be looking after them and she said that she hadn't noticed!!

I then wrote a letter of complaint to say what i had witnessed and also the fact that maybe they should hire staff who actually cared about animals as you could tell this girl didn't have a clue. :?

was it a local petshop or a chain? I would go back in and ask what breed they are and how much care they would need.. see what they say. Then its up to you if you wish to confront them for selling long haired rabbits.. especially by making them appealing for children with that sign!! If you dont feel able to confront them face to face maybe you could write a letter explaining why it isnt a good idea.
They may not be angora's.. could be fluffy lionheads like mine, but he still needed alot of grooming for his first year and still got matted too. If i was closer id go look for myself as it makes me soo mad they are sold as pets in shops!

It was a loca lpet shop not a chain.I might ask a friend of mine to go in with her young daughter and show an interest to see what advice they are given. Then I'll write and COMPLAIN!! :x

hi,
like chris said there r probs lion heads cause when they r babies there some are really fuffy and usually loose is when adults.My pet shop has some really fuffy lion head and i know they brush them every day as the women there knows who i am and i talk to her and does say they get in a mess and need daily grooming, some do look like angoras but i can tell they r lion heads.
linyloo- you sed u saw 3 rabbits together in a cage but rabbits in pet shops are babies and will get along fine together, and usually seperate males and females. But the they had no water that is a concern
becky

Fuzzy Wuzzy :roll:
IMO it is just to attracted the kids.
I am really starting to have a problem with adults buying rabbits and gpigs for their kids "just because" - "or just to" :x

I used to work in a pet shop where i ended up taking home alot of the rabbits that no body wanted it was really sad in the end because when they used to get more baby rabbits in and the ones that were already there missed out on new homes because they just couldn't compete againest the new small bundles of fluff, it wasnt always the rabbits it was the same with hamsters mice and guinea pigs :( Thats when my collection grew!!

Back