• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Behaviour

slob1231

Warren Scout
So this is something I've looked at alot recently. Coco runs circles round me whether its my feet or my head when I'm sitting down. Does this mean something or is it just love [emoji170] he only does it to me, not my husband or children... X

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk

So this is something I've looked at alot recently. Coco runs circles round me whether its my feet or my head when I'm sitting down. Does this mean something or is it just love [emoji170] he only does it to me, not my husband or children... X

It sounds to be 'courting' behaviour. Is he neutered ?

Definitely a neutering issue! :love:
Have his testicles descended?
I haven't looked yet lol. I get told so many different things! I was told it was because he's happy an loves me lol

I can just picture him running in circles round your head. [emoji38]
Haha seriously, if im laying on the sofa propped up a bit he goes behind me on the arm and runs on my left shoulder round my front right shoulder and back round the back [emoji23] he does it a few times. It makes me laugh!

Haha seriously, if im laying on the sofa propped up a bit he goes behind me on the arm and runs on my left shoulder round my front right shoulder and back round the back [emoji23] he does it a few times. It makes me laugh!

It made me giggle!

I'll tell you what he would really love and appreciate - a little female as a companion. Most rabbits are so much happier with a companion of their own to snuggle into and interact with. Is that something you would consider? He would still be attached to you and your family but you would get a great deal of satisfaction from seeing him with a 'wife'.

It made me giggle!

I'll tell you what he would really love and appreciate - a little female as a companion. Most rabbits are so much happier with a companion of their own to snuggle into and interact with. Is that something you would consider? He would still be attached to you and your family but you would get a great deal of satisfaction from seeing him with a 'wife'.
I've been thinking about it.. [emoji4]

It made me giggle!

Oooh yes definitely!

It would help prevent him getting bored and doing stuff you don't really want like chew your sofa :)

If you get a female from a Rescue Centre they come ready spayed and vaccinated so no cost or worry on those fronts.

They might even offer to do the bonding for you :)

I've spoken to my husband and we've agreed once he's neutered we will get another baby [emoji7][emoji7] soo excited!!! [emoji170][emoji171]

You wouldn't regret it! :)

Yeah - this!
I would wager my pension that when Coco is belting round your legs, he's also being vocal. Little grunts - soft but not aggressive. He is happy and yes he loves you but right now, you're his 'love interest' for only one reason! Has he wrapped his front paws round your legs yet and, well, you know....? If he hasn't, he will. It's all perfectly normal and he's just doing what his hormones and rabbit brain is telling him to. The neutering will pasify these behaviours - and I think most of the posts above mirror this. It'll take a few weeks to take effect but whipping off the conkers not only kerbs the enthusiasm, it also helps to prevent cancer in that region. So it's something you'll need to consider with your vet. You could look at maybe a soft toy rabbit or something in the interim. It will serve to get his attention and occupy him when you are not around.
But long term, and after 3-4 months post op, he would really really benefit from having a wife-bun. It IS a commitment and something you do need to consider. And there's so many people on this forum who can give the most wonderfu advice about bonding and pairing of rabbits and it is a satisfying and special thing to do. Good luck with it and I hope things work out.

I've spoken to my husband and we've agreed once he's neutered we will get another baby [emoji7][emoji7] soo excited!!! [emoji170][emoji171]

:love:
Just in case you thought that Rescues only have older rabbits, they have beautiful babies, too. If I were you, I would start looking now so you could reserve. I feel very excited for you all!

Yeah - this!
I would wager my pension that when Coco is belting round your legs, he's also being vocal. Little grunts - soft but not aggressive. He is happy and yes he loves you but right now, you're his 'love interest' for only one reason! Has he wrapped his front paws round your legs yet and, well, you know....? If he hasn't, he will. It's all perfectly normal and he's just doing what his hormones and rabbit brain is telling him to. The neutering will pasify these behaviours - and I think most of the posts above mirror this. It'll take a few weeks to take effect but whipping off the conkers not only kerbs the enthusiasm, it also helps to prevent cancer in that region. So it's something you'll need to consider with your vet. You could look at maybe a soft toy rabbit or something in the interim. It will serve to get his attention and occupy him when you are not around.
But long term, and after 3-4 months post op, he would really really benefit from having a wife-bun. It IS a commitment and something you do need to consider. And there's so many people on this forum who can give the most wonderfu advice about bonding and pairing of rabbits and it is a satisfying and special thing to do. Good luck with it and I hope things work out.

He wouldn't have to wait that long after castration would he?

Ooh - Sorry Babsie - O bow to your greater knowledge. I am probably wrong - I was just kind of working at a benchmark from when Lillian got spayed and it's probably the case that females take slightly longer than males to calm down post op. I stand corrected.

He wouldn't have to wait that long after castration would he?

With all the Rescue buns I fostered we allowed 12 weeks post castrate.

I have bonded my own rabbits, but never within 8 weeks of castration - just to be on the safe side :)

:love:
Just in case you thought that Rescues only have older rabbits, they have beautiful babies, too. If I were you, I would start looking now so you could reserve. I feel very excited for you all!
Yeah - this!
Thank you all. We are considering another bun for Coco but only once he's been neutered and healed. Hopefully before christmas. Nope he hasn't started humping or anything like that just loves a lot of attention and running circles round me, thanks all for your advice i really appreciate it, I'm glad that i joined this forum!! [emoji171][emoji171]

Back