• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Getting a bigger enclosure... selling the old one locally & concerned?

loomlane

New Kit
Hello :)

I'm going to be selling my enclosure and buying a bigger one soon, and was wondering - I was gifted the first enclosure, so would I pay any tax on selling it? I can't figure it out, but hopefully it's a super simple answer and I'm just being dumb :roll: I've had a poke around online but still not a clue, this tax calculator has been a bit useful in getting numbers but don't know if I actually need them or not! Can someone put my mind to rest?

Thanks!

I'm pretty sure you don't pay tax on singular items sold privately. If anyone would like to correct this, feel free!

There isn't an issue in selling the odd item that you own. Unless you are buying to resell or could be considered to be running a business, the tax people won't be chasing you. Unless the 'enclosure' is a spare 3 bed semi, don't worry about it. Lots of people do it all the time on all sorts of websites and freeads, etc.

Back