• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A couple of poop questions Sorry

Tezzcan

New Kit
We've only had Floppy a few of weeks and he is about 23 weeks.
Question 1- I took him for his Mixamatosis (?) Jab yesterday and this afternoon his droppings are soft but not runny I wondered if this was because of the Jab or that he had some cabbage leaves last night.

Question 2- He's more or less litter trained now as far as urine is concerned but he's still pooing all over especially when he's excited (He loves chasing ballons) I wondered if there was a trick to stopping this or if him being neutered next week would help.

Thanks
Tracy.

It might just have been the stress of going to the vet that affected his poops. Just watch them and see how they are tomorrow - as long as Floppy does not behave any different to normal.

You will find that neutering will help with the litter training. Poops are used to mark the territory therefore might never stop completely with unneutered bunnies. As I have several bunnies in the same room, they are pretty house trained in their cages, but will leave poops around the whole room to make sure all the others know they are there. But when I only had two, their litterbox habits were immaculate. :lol:

Vera

Thanks Vera,

He been his normal self and the dropping are back to normal too.
He was very stessed about going to the vets he hated his carrier, I did let him investigate it for a few days before hand and used shaving from his cage so he would recognise the small but the main problem is he detests being picked up so was not at all happy in the vets.

It will be fun next week :lol:

Thank goodness he's back to normal :D . Next time he has to go to the vet, try some Bach Flower Rescue Remedy drops in his water bottle for a couple of days before and after. This helps lot.

Oh and watch in case he bursts the balloons he chases, he could get a real fright with the noise and hurt himself :wink:

Tezzcan said:
(He loves chasing ballons)

Blueberry likes balloons, horrible things! - and dangerous, she bites and chews them I have to keep them out of reach, makes me go all cold when I have to get one off her, urgggg its making me cringe just thinking of them.

Unfortunately my daughter loves balloons and always manages to come home with them from somewhere.

hmmm my rabbit is really well trained.. never does any poops outside his tray anymore.. however his cage is a different story.. he poops and pees anywhere but in his tray.. the tray is the same as the one he uses in the flat so i dont know why he wont use it as he should do! ive tried all the usual tricks..
.. put all his poops in the tray that he does outside the tray and he may just get the idea.. thats all i did with mine and he seems to have got the idea now. Did take quite a while tho.

Back