• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Boring thread but….

Toby

Banned
Has to be asked.
Where can I get shredded paper from? (if you can buy it) I can’t say I have ever used it for Tobe. I know you can buy it for hamsters but Id need a bigger pack then that.

I am lucky as I have a friend who gets it from her office, it is very finely shredded and the hammies love it. I don't use it for the bunnies though.

Vera

Do you use hay/straw for bedding? As another alternative how about vet bed or a cat bed to keep him cosy?

I think you can buy the really big bags of soft shredded bedding in some pet shops. Prob worth asking in the pet shop to see if it can be ordered in.

Hope Toby's eye gets better when he is on another type of bedding :)

Nicola

i bought a shredder from TradeX it cost about £16 and much more cost effective than buying the shredded paper itself. (i've now found a use for all those bank statements! :lol: )

jredk04 said:
i bought a shredder from TradeX it cost about £16 and much more cost effective than buying the shredded paper itself. (i've now found a use for all those bank statements! :lol: )

:lol: :lol:

I too have a shredder its great for newspaper, you just have to be careful what you shed :lol: :lol: I found that 2 newspaper filled a bin liner, great to play in when put in boxes and stuffing cushion covers as it makes a lovey rustling sound and very comfy :D

Also great used for lucky dips at kids birthday parties :D

My mum brings me large bags of shredding from work. I use it in the toilet area of the hutch for my buns. I also but it inside a cardboard box which they use to play in, the shredded paper usually ends up out of the box and all over my kitchen floor ! :lol: :roll:

We bought a paper shredder from Woolies, it was half price....

It was bought for our unwanted paper work, but i now shred my babies newspapers etc...

Hope that helps

Julie

Hi Toby!!

I bought this fantastic paper shredder from Wilkos! It was £4.99 and it's so much fun! :D A great way of recycling and a fantastic stress reliver! :lol:

Take care & Blessed Be,

XxXxX Emma XxXxX

Back