• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Francis Harcourt Brown's RABBIT sudden death study

bunnylover177

Alpha Buck
My vet sent tissue from my bun Garfield to be tested for RHD2 through this study at the end of April but we haven't heard back so coming up for 5 months ago. My vet says he will chase them. Has anyone got results back? I know it says it can take months but didn't quite realise it could take this long. We are about to start some fostering so would be reassuring to know if Garfield died from something else.

Last edited:
I had a rabbit PMed through that scheme in mid-May. Frances did tell me they need 50 samples and at that stage only had about half. Given the high number of reported cases though I would have expected them to have had fifty by now. I sure she won't mind your vet asking for an update though.

Jeez, my addled brain failed to register the last word in the title of this thread...........................

bl177, as BB has said I am sure FHB will be fine about your Vet contacting her.

I am terribly sorry that your Garfield might have been a victim of RHD2 :cry:

Jeez, my addled brain failed to register the last word in the title of this thread...........................

bl177, as BB has said I am sure FHB will be fine about your Vet contacting her.

I am terribly sorry that your Garfield might have been a victim of RHD2 :cry:

Same here!

She was definitely still with us on Thursday, and expressing relief that Elijah was still with us. I hope Nigel will be making black bean stew for TWO for a long time to come. She has earned that retirement!

She was definitely still with us on Thursday, and expressing relief that Elijah was still with us. I hope Nigel will be making black bean stew for TWO for a long time to come. She has earned that retirement!

Well, my misread almost gave me a heart attack !! Glad to hear that all is well for her. I now have visions of Nigel on Masterchef...................... :lol:

Well, my misread almost gave me a heart attack !! Glad to hear that all is well for her. I now have visions of Nigel on Masterchef...................... :lol:

When I found a mushroom in Dinky's pen that he was roped in to identifying, he went off on a tangent about frying them with garlic so I suspect he is a damn sight more useful in a kitchen than I am!

My vet sent tissue from my bun Garfield to be tested for RHD2 through this study at the end of April but we haven't heard back so coming up for 5 months ago. My vet says he will chase them. Has anyone got results back? I know it says it can take months but didn't quite realise it could take this long. We are about to start some fostering so would be reassuring to know if Garfield died from something else.

I hope you get the results soon.

That must be very frustrating when you're waiting to know for a good reason :)

Ha Ha - sorry:lol::lol: - changed the title. So only two of us have had samples sent away then. Unfortunately the study required all the parts of our rabbit sent away so can't independently pay to test him.

Ha Ha - sorry:lol::lol: - changed the title. So only two of us have had samples sent away then. Unfortunately the study required all the parts of our rabbit sent away so can't independently pay to test him.

Did you get the results of the histology? I wasn't sure if the HBs were waiting for the information from Filavie before feeding any of it back. I got my histology results but it was FHB herself who did the PM, so it was different.

I have a feeling there will be progress on this very soon but I can't go in details.

Did you get the results of the histology? I wasn't sure if the HBs were waiting for the information from Filavie before feeding any of it back. I got my histology results but it was FHB herself who did the PM, so it was different.

I have a feeling there will be progress on this very soon
but I can't go in details.

Me too x

Back