• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Where does everyone get straw from? :)

Graciee

Staff member
As title really, found some nice stuff up in Birmingham (where my boyfriend is from) and brought some back a while ago - obviously I can't get this all the time living in London [emoji38]

So been buying from hay and straw.

Are there any other places people get good straw from? :)

TIA xx

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

As title really, found some nice stuff up in Birmingham (where my boyfriend is from) and brought some back a while ago - obviously I can't get this all the time living in London [emoji38]

So been buying from hay and straw.

Are there any other places people get good straw from? :)

TIA xx

If I used it (which I don't) I would get it from the same place I get my baled hay.

A city farm or riding stables :)

Do you have that sort of thing near you?

If I used it (which I don't) I would get it from the same place I get my baled hay.

A city farm or riding stables :)

Do you have that sort of thing near you?

Yeaa I've just not been that impressed in the past, plus easier for me to order online and get them delivered honestly

Yeaa I've just not been that impressed in the past, plus easier for me to order online and get them delivered honestly

Yeah I get that ... Straw and hay from a farm is so cheap I just don't pass it up :)

Not too many farmers have barley straw ,which is the only type you want, so phone around a few places, but specifically ask for barley. Most farms only have wheat straw which is far too hard and spikey for rabbits.

Not too many farmers have barley straw ,which is the only type you want, so phone around a few places, but specifically ask for barley. Most farms only have wheat straw which is far too hard and spikey for rabbits.

Very true, it can cause nasty eye injuries x

Oo this is interesting... I wonder what I've been buying...

Oh dear, I'm afraid it sounds awful but I kind of buy mine from where I work since it's a pet and animal wholesalers. It's norfolk pastures and it seems quite decent stuff. I'm always happy to look at other options and I will be looking at some of the wonderful suggestions above.

Ooo that's good to know! I use aubiose? I think I've spelt that correctly for the indoor buns, but outdoor ones I like straw especially for winter as it's great at keeping heat in :)

Efeed appear to be very quick to deliver. Less than 24 hours with my last order :shock:

Whoops, I always assumed straw was just.... straw.

I get my hay from a farm now, £3.50 for a large bale, bargain and they eat it all, it's lovely and green still. I'll need to ask them about their straw as the colder weathers setting in I need to get some in

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I buy bagged straw occasionally for mine, and get it from a store called the Range, I don't know if they are nationwide. It's quite a dear way of buying it, at around £3.50 a bag, but it's compressed so you get a fair amount. It's almost always been good quality barley straw, one time I had a bag that smelled musty and took it back, and they gave me another one without question.

Oh dear, I'm afraid it sounds awful but I kind of buy mine from where I work since it's a pet and animal wholesalers. It's norfolk pastures and it seems quite decent stuff. I'm always happy to look at other options and I will be looking at some of the wonderful suggestions above.

It doesn't sound awful - I'd be tempted to buy so much for the bunnies if I worked at a place like that :)

Back