• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sharing my time

Elop

Warren Scout
Well poor Charles is confined to his pen with door closed tonight so as to make him eat his hay. He is cross. Very cross. Normally he would be chilling in front of the fire [emoji91]. Not tonight and I feel mean but we need him to eat his hay to fix his mucky bum. He is producing normal pellets they just feel damp when I pick them up. His bum looks cleaner and dryer so on the right roads. So tonight I’m spending my evening with the diva nethie. Having said that Smoushi (as he has a squashy face) will now eat from my hand, he will come to me for strokes when I’m lying still and even will give a nudge when I stop.... and tonight.... he did this... not sure if it’s a flop but he lay down legs out stretched behind him!
d0a5b0fd7a1aae5a9e7945e99b89c449.jpg
3e564bda6a1eb0076f8c5b0e21f0eef5.jpg
e8ecc64fb87f9f24de8741b47da1f0d8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well poor Charles is confined to his pen with door closed tonight so as to make him eat his hay. He is cross. Very cross. Normally he would be chilling in front of the fire [emoji91]. Not tonight and I feel mean but we need him to eat his hay to fix his mucky bum. He is producing normal pellets they just feel damp when I pick them up. His bum looks cleaner and dryer so on the right roads. So tonight I’m spending my evening with the diva nethie. Having said that Smoushi (as he has a squashy face) will now eat from my hand, he will come to me for strokes when I’m lying still and even will give a nudge when I stop.... and tonight.... he did this... not sure if it’s a flop but he lay down legs out stretched behind him!
d0a5b0fd7a1aae5a9e7945e99b89c449.jpg
3e564bda6a1eb0076f8c5b0e21f0eef5.jpg
e8ecc64fb87f9f24de8741b47da1f0d8.jpg

Awhhhhhh he's perfection [emoji7][emoji7][emoji7] such a sweetie. Really hope Charles eats his hay :)

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

He has eaten heaps and heaps of readigrass and each time I walk past his pen he periscopes at me in the hope of a treat and I feel so mean not giving him anything but hay is for his own good!

What a gorgeous bun! He seems incredibly chilled out. Is the plan to bond them? Or are they already friends?

I hope Charles will eat plenty of hay. Has he had his teeth checked recently?

Your new bunny looks very much at home:love:

What a gorgeous bun! He seems incredibly chilled out. Is the plan to bond them? Or are they already friends?

Nooooo I don’t think it would work. Charlie is very chilled out with people but I just get the idea he would be nasty with another bunny although once he is castrated I can of course try.

I hope Charles will eat plenty of hay. Has he had his teeth checked recently?

Your new bunny looks very much at home:love:

He has eaten some overnight and lots of readigrass. He is having his teeth checked next week when he gets castrated. I’m really going to step up encouraging hay. He has excel long feeding hay. Maybe I should try a different brand. I’ve bought cheap hay form b and m but he didn’t like that one. Any ideas?

Happy to report that Charlie has been a good boy over night and eaten his hay and readigrass and he has no mucky bum! He is still cross as me though. I’ve given him more hay and readigrass this morning. Thank you all so much for your advice.

He has eaten some overnight and lots of readigrass. He is having his teeth checked next week when he gets castrated. I’m really going to step up encouraging hay. He has excel long feeding hay. Maybe I should try a different brand. I’ve bought cheap hay form b and m but he didn’t like that one. Any ideas?

When my current rabbit Frosty needed a dental he went off the farm baled hay that he had been eating for months. I bought a sample pack from the hay experts, which was a start in finding out what he liked best. - I know it’s more expensive buying hay like that but there is a lot less waste. Frosty likes the 5 a day hay, it has flowers in it, I bought it direct from the seller https://www.naturesownpets.co.uk/ He also likes their sweet green hay, he likes alfalfa king Timothy hay, oxbow orchard grass, natures touch wild grass.

Luckily any that he doesn’t like goes to the goats, so nothing is wasted :lol: I now like to feed lots different hays that he really likes.

Happy to report that Charlie has been a good boy over night and eaten his hay and readigrass and he has no mucky bum! He is still cross as me though. I’ve given him more hay and readigrass this morning. Thank you all so much for your advice.

Great news, good boy Charlie:love:

Have you tried the Timothy hay with marigold from B&M? Mine go mad for that one!! Also I discovered the other week that The Range has a really nice meadow hay which is reasonably priced, if you have one near you. I saw it on the Hay People website as a well reviewed hay and realised they sold it at The Range [emoji16]

Glad he is feeling better :love:

Thanks I’ll try that one from b and m. We don’t have a range near us unfortunately but I think I may make an online order. What about oat hay and alfalfa? I know it’s not ideal but it is full of fibre and if he will eat that I could encourage him to change over to Timothy once he has the idea.

Back