• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

If you see live rabbits advertised on e-bay...

It is actually prohibited to sell live animals on Ebay, so something CAN be done. :D

To contact E-bay customer support please follow these links from the
Ebay homepage:
1. Site Map
2. Contact Customer Support, this will bring you to a form to fill in.
All you need to know is the number of the listing.

You can also email the seller via the 'ask the seller a question' link to warn them that they have listed a prohibited item and should remove it at once.

If you let us know soon enough then we can all ask that seller a question :D

It is actually prohibited to sell live animals on Ebay, so something CAN be done.

i thought this would be the case and was going to investigate it this eve (it's getting impossible to get even near my computer these days without my little lad wanting to sit on my lap and see what i'm doing (i then bombard him with bunny pics from RR! :lol: ) but anyway, you've beaten me to it. great news. but it is still a worry about what will happen to these buns.

will take a look on ebay and see if i can find them. will email her too!

have sent her a polite email asking her to consider contacting a local rescue for help/advice. from her auction it looks like she's cared for these buns but now needs someone to take them off her hands... i guess this post isn't any different from the thousands you see on many classifieds just misguided re ebay & rules.
hope they find good homes

i think ebay has a lot to account for how can anyone sell buns on there how do you know who they go to i think no amount of good rabbit care is going to help any bun that gets sold via that way sick! :evil:

shazlew said:
i think ebay has a lot to account for how can anyone sell buns on there how do you know who they go to i think no amount of good rabbit care is going to help any bun that gets sold via that way sick! :evil:

I think this is a bit harsh on ebay.

How on earth could they make sure all the items they prohibit are not listed?

At least they remove the listings quickly when they are reported.

Louise

ellepotter said:
How on earth could they make sure all the items they prohibit are not listed?

At least they remove the listings quickly when they are reported.

Ayup. It'd be great if Ebay could police every auction properly, but that'd be an impossible task - there are just too many auctions. They are very good at removing dodgy entries though.

Back