• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What does this mean?

MaxAndMolly

Young Bun
I’m really worried about our lovely Molly. I’m not sure if it’s a behavioural issue or health, so I might post this in both sections of the forum. I hope that’s okay.

Our beloved Max died last week (8 days ago) 😢 He was only three, and it was really sudden. He was hopping about as usual on Thursday evening, and had died by tea time on Friday. We suspect it was gut stasis but don’t know for certain.

Molly and Max have been together since birth, and had a really strong bond, so she is extremely unhappy. We have already found a new companion for her, who we will collect next week.

Molly isn’t eating very much, isn’t moving around very much, and spends most of the time just sitting in one spot. We have given her loads of extra cuddles but she has never been the most affectionate of rabbits. She tolerates being stroked and picked up but unwillingly. When I pick her up now, she just sits in my arms rather than scrabbling to get down. I don’t know whether this is a sign of lethargy, or liking the cuddles more than she used to.

Then today, while sitting on my lap she suddenly did a massive wee. She has never urinated on me before, and as far as I know, only ever urinates in her litter tray. It was definitely a ‘release of urine’ rather than a spray - it all just ran down my legs 😳 It was yellow and didn’t smell. When I put her down, she hopped off, but didn’t run as though scared, or do a major heel-flick (and Molly loves a good heel-flick to indicate her disapproval of us 😂)

After Max dying so suddenly I’m paranoid about Molly’s health. I took her to the vet two days ago for her vaccination, and the vet checked her over then and said she was fine, but that was two days ago and we all know how quickly they can go downhill 😢

Was this a health issue? Just odd behaviour because she’s out of sorts? Or just her way of telling me she doesn’t want all these cuddles?

Sorry this is so long. Worried sick - I can’t bear to lose Molly too 😢😢😢

I have replied on your other thread ... and wonder whether having two threads running may cause confusion?

You’re probably right. I just wasn’t sure which category this fell under. Since people have very kindly replied on my other thread, I’ll remove this one.

Back