• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Dennis's Teeny Balls

loobers25

Warren Veteran
So since forever, Dennis has produced plentiful bum nuggets - only smaller in size. I would say half the size of Toby and Maples luxurious golden nuggets.

So two days ago I checked his poop - I see a huge pile of big-bada-boom golden nuggets. His previously have always been slighter darker brown, never gold. I always thought as he provides mountains of nuggets all day that maybe he just has a smaller poop shoot? But this has proven me wrong.

I am wondering why Dennis would have smaller poops for 8 years of his live and now be making big ones (he still is making big ones)

If he does have a smaller poop shoot aka gi tract should i be worried about big poos. When i say big poos i mean normal sized!

He's had his gut checked twice last month during health checks and everything felt/sounded ok.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Perhaps he’s eating more hay now? More dried forage than fresh? Has the hay type he is eating changed? I find it’s normal for poop colour and size to change according to the hay and forage eaten.

Perhaps he’s eating more hay now? More dried forage than fresh? Has the hay type he is eating changed? I find it’s normal for poop colour and size to change according to the hay and forage eaten.
He's eating exactly the same as Maple, dried and fresh forage and Timothy hay. You don't think I should be worried?

its a miracle!

How weird. I wouldn't worry though, maybe he checked out Toby & Maples on their play dates & realised he had to up his game. Are they more golden now too?

He's eating exactly the same as Maple, dried and fresh forage and Timothy hay. You don't think I should be worried?

No, big golden balls are always good ;) :lol:

Don’t worry:wave:

its a miracle!

How weird. I wouldn't worry though, maybe he checked out Toby & Maples on their play dates & realised he had to up his game. Are they more golden now too?
Yes they are. I would describe them as shade "sun kissed"

Aboleth and Lopsy's poo changes all the time, it's just normal for them. Recently, they've started eating a heck of a lot more though so maybe Dennis feels the need to supplement his diet and hay's the only thing avaliable when he's extra peckish? I know that happens to mine :D

So since forever, Dennis has produced plentiful bum nuggets - only smaller in size. I would say half the size of Toby and Maples luxurious golden nuggets.

So two days ago I checked his poop - I see a huge pile of big-bada-boom golden nuggets. His previously have always been slighter darker brown, never gold. I always thought as he provides mountains of nuggets all day that maybe he just has a smaller poop shoot? But this has proven me wrong.

I am wondering why Dennis would have smaller poops for 8 years of his live and now be making big ones (he still is making big ones)

If he does have a smaller poop shoot aka gi tract should i be worried about big poos. When i say big poos i mean normal sized!

He's had his gut checked twice last month during health checks and everything felt/sounded ok.

I must say I'm surprised not to see a photo of the sun-kissed boulders ... :D:wave:

Back