• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do I need a 4th rabbit?

Alicia

Mama Doe
My trio get along well but I find that Jelly is often left out. The boys love each other and are always cuddled up and whenever Jelly hops over they tend to walk off. I have seen them groom her in the past and they let her eat etc. So I think they’re ok but I wonder whether an even number might be better? Or am I just using that as an excuse to get another one. It wouldn’t be for a little while anyway

My trio get along well but I find that Jelly is often left out. The boys love each other and are always cuddled up and whenever Jelly hops over they tend to walk off. I have seen them groom her in the past and they let her eat etc. So I think they’re ok but I wonder whether an even number might be better? Or am I just using that as an excuse to get another one. It wouldn’t be for a little while anyway

As you are about to move home I would put thoughts of taking on another Bunny on hold. A change of environment can impact on the dynamics of Rabbit bonds, so personally I'd want to see how things panned out for the trio and if they became more inclusive of Jelly once they are all in a new environment.

Oh yes I wouldn’t do it straight away, I know it would be very bad timing. I’m just wondering if in the future it would be better to have an even number, do they tend to pair up within their groups or does it not matter

Back