• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

what are the factors that makes my bun shed less fur this Aug.?

Happy Hopping

Wise Old Thumper
I notice the amt. of fur shed is very little. I can just comb it out instead of using the exotic pet trimmer. In the past many Aug., it's not like that. What are the factors that makes a bun shed less fur?

Most rabbits have been moulting big-time this year but we still don't know a lot about moulting. How old is your bunny? It takes a lot of energy to moult and maybe if he is getting on he just doesn't have enough energy. Might be wrong.

I just found out you received to this thread today: The situation is somewhat strange

I have 2 buns:

a senior bun, Minnie, very healthy, shed a lot every time, except this Aug., even now, he's still shedding a little bit, but each week, there is no need to comb her fur out at all, the entire session is just mickey mouse amt. of shed fur

a 1 yr. old bun, Fudgie, I have him since March 2018, his shedding amt. is strange, I use a comb to comb his shed fur, and it's like clockwise, I can do up to 6 comb full of shed fur, and that's it. As recent as last Nov., when Minnie shed, I can do 10+ comb full of shed fur, and there is no end to it. It's like he's doing a "mini shed", and again, about 2 week ago, I do have to comb him a bit, about 3 to 4 times and that take cares of all the shed fur

I have rabbits for 20 yr., I never seen a bun that does this kind of "mini shed" before. It's almost as if he's too lazy to shed. Has anyone seen this kind of fur shedding before?

Back