• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbits on ebay

Lazylops

Alpha Buck
I believe someone posted about some rabbits being auctioned on ebay, well I had a look and emailed one of the people concerned with some helpful alternatives and information about the poor situation that rabbits are in at the moment, I thought you'd like to see her response......

Oh shut up, what do you expect me to do keep them all and let them multiply? I wasn’t auctioning them I was simply advertising and I’m pretty sure that’s not against the law is it? And you think I’d let them go to just anybody? You’re not the only one who cares about animals, just because you give yourself a fancy title doesn’t mean you know any better! Seeing as you have already stuck your nose into my business how do you suggest I sell my rabbits?

I am not a confrontational person, but felt I had to put my tuppenth worth in:

I suggest that you don't get yourself into the situation in the first place. Taking into consideration your rude and aggressive response to my email, I can only conclude that your attitude towards other people and animals is rather poor, and therefore, my concern for the rabbits you are auctioning, as ebay is an auction site, is justified.

not for young children....

'response' please if you have children screen this message:

'Go **** yourself you sad ****'

I guess that sums up the attitude of people who advertise animals on ebay.......

Re: not for young children....

Lazylops said:
'response' please if you have children screen this message:

'Go **** yourself you sad ****'

I guess that sums up the attitude of people who advertise animals on ebay.......

Ooooo pls send me their link. As you may have spotted i'm itching for a fight this weekend. I would be delighted to help you fashion a suitable response. The fellows at work blush when I get started and say I sound like a sailor! :shock:
Well I was in the Navy....

Re: not for young children....

Holly Go-Lightly said:
The fellows at work blush when I get started and say I sound like a sailor! :shock:
Well I was in the Navy....

:shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

im in the mood for a good barny too actually! get rid of some stress! :lol:

but i dont like arguing! lol makes me cry! :lol:

unless its some **** at work ill argue til im blue in face ! :lol:

Hiya,

I realise seeing rabbits on ebay may be upsetting but do keep in mind two wrongs don't make a right. Harasing someone is not they way to help them learn. You also run the risk of having your ebay account suspended or being reported to your ISP and having your email/internet account suspended.

This isn't aimed at anyone in particular nore am I implying anyone is doing something wrong its just something you should bare in mind before responding. Take the time to calm down (sleep on it) before replying to these sort of things.

Ebay allow you to report these listings and they do remove them.

Thanks,
Tamsin

Hi Rexy,

There have been a few different ones in the past few weeks. I know that many people have reported the ones that were actually selling rabbits and I guess their links have been removed.

There is a controversial seller on right now who is trying to raise money for vet bills as she had an accidental litter who were born very poorly.
She is not selling her rabbits she is just asking for dontations in return for updates on the rabbits health.

Many people are skeptical of this auction but some others think it is a genuine cry for help. I don't believe these rabbits are being mis-treated at all but I do worry about the owner not being able to afford veterinary care for much longer.

I have sent her an e-mail volunteering to re-home the rabbits for her but I think she has become attached to them. It is a bit of a **** situation.

As for the abusive e-mails that Annie received, I don't know which seller was the culprit. Suffice to say they are not very nice people. :?

Rexy bexy said:
oh was this the one where she was selling phots of the buns cause she was fostering them??
becky

Theres that one which is not selling bunnies but trying to raise funds by selling bunny photo's.

There were 2 more, 1 starting bid at £5.00 and 1 just advertising but i think that these 2 have now been with drawn as I cannot see them on there anymore :D

Back