• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Good vet in Durham area

mark1177

New Kit
Just wanting a good vet recommendation for need to get my French lop vaccinated and sprayed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gilmoor Vets, Gilesgate Durham are on the RWAF rabbit friendly vet list, and I'm pretty sure one of the RWAF committee uses this practice.

Vets4Pets are all individually owned a bit like a franchise, so each branch will vary in their level of interest and expertise in rabbits.

I’m registered in Wilson vets for my Siamese and oriental cats have took my previous rabbits there and one vet never heard of gi statis and one was heavy handed with one of my rabbits it died on the table treating it for tilt head

I’m registered in Wilson vets for my Siamese and oriental cats have took my previous rabbits there and one vet never heard of gi statis and one was heavy handed with one of my rabbits it died on the table treating it for tilt head

I would ring one of the vets in Frances Harcourt Brown's link such as Gilmoors, which I know have good reputations.
Sometimes it's one particular vet you need to see, as not all will be as well versed in seeing rabbits.

I think it's difficult to asses vets4pets unless you know someone specific there who's good with rabbits.

If you want to find a good vet in your area then you can start another thread in Rabbit Chat with the header:

Rabbit Savvy Vet needed in (your location)

...and members will help you out with their recommendations.

I have just recently transferred my 2 buns to Gilmoor Vets, there is a vet there called Deborah Stafford who is very rabbit savvy and was RWAF vet if the year a couple of year ago. There's another vet called Sach Sood who has an interest in rabbits and works along with Deborah so your bun will be in good hands there.

I have just recently transferred my 2 buns to Gilmoor Vets, there is a vet there called Deborah Stafford who is very rabbit savvy and was RWAF vet if the year a couple of year ago. There's another vet called Sach Sood who has an interest in rabbits and works along with Deborah so your bun will be in good hands there.

Thanks for the recommendation I think I’ll take her there

Back