• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding

jewels26301

Young Bun
Sorry for all the questions today....

My un neutered Doe Fluffy is 7mths old..she had kittens just over 6wks ago, by Toffee my 6mth old Buck..who is now Castrated.
Fluffy is having her operation next month when the babies have gone to their new home..

I have been putting them together for 5 mins daily, to try and get them used to eachother...

They aren't fighting (yet) just heavy sniffing, i daren't leave them incase they fight, but at what stage can i leave them for 10 mins alone? They aren't too bothered by being together but i'm worried i'll miss a fight..

Shes very bouncy and the moment, and he isn't...will he get annoyed with her?

Its worth just putting some time aside and going for it (the test bond). If they are going to fight you will know. I was advised (and the method I used) to then just go for the bonding. I found that putting them together and taking them apart just had them going through the same motions over and over. Like they were getting to a certain stage and then being stopped and having to restart over again. I did a long (8hours) session in the bathroom as it was neutral. Next day I tried outside the run (in the same room) for an hour with no problem. Then just stuck them in together. There is a bonding diary on the first page of this site that is another way to go about it.

Only thing I would say is another thread has said it can take upto two months I think it is for a castrated male to finish his erm reserves. Bonding involves mounting so I would be nervous at trying anything before then (there is a thread on this I think)

Back