• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New Bunny

xander

New Kit
Hi my name is Alex

I am looking to start my bunny journey

I would love to know if a mini lop is a great bunny for beginners

Any suggestions welcome

It's not the breed but the individual rabbit's personality that counts really; I've had two rabbits from the same litter with two different personalities and two different ways in how they wanted to react/interact with me. All my rabbits are individuals so I just let them be them and accept however much (in)attention they want to give me as well as accept that they are in charge. My current lot like mugging me for food so say hello every time I open the back door but I don't push past what they are comfortable with unless I absolutely have to as they are prey animals.

If you're looking for a beginner's rabbit I'd suggest going to a rescue and seeing if they've got bunnies that are a match for your situation.

I’ve got a Mini Lop, and he’s great - he’s super friendly and loves cuddles! Of course, not every ML has the same temperament, so it would maybe be best to go to your local rescue, where you can meet each rabbit and find one with a personality that matches with what you’re looking for. If you are set on a certain breed, rescues do have a lot pure breed bunnies looking for homes, which are already vaccinated and neutered, saving you time and money, with the rewarding bonus of giving an unwanted bunny a loving home.

Hi, and welcome to the forum:wave: I agree, a rescue would be a great place to find a rabbit that is a good match for you. Preferably 2 rabbits, unless you are planning on the rabbit being a house rabbit who likes human company, they are better in pairs or groups.

Back