• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Meadowbloom's not eating

tlcwrites

Mama Doe
Poor little bear, Meadowbloom Ursula, didn't eat this morning. Her belly sounded almost silent to me and the vet, D, agreed. She got sent home with recovery and had an emeprid injection.

But she's gone back in as she still wasn't eating this afternoon/evening and as far as I know, is still there.

I say as far as I know because as of 10am I've been off away, for a week, as holiday. My mum is caring for them.

I'm out of my mind with worry. Meadow is my little E's absolute favourite. She's the sweetest, most even tempered and gentle little rabbit I've ever known. Being not there as well makes it all the worse... :(

(I've only just been able to get online.)
...vibes please please please for my sweet little bear.

Sending lots of vibes for Meadowbloom. It must be awful for you not being able to be with her and I really hope that you will receive a positive update about her this morning x

Thinking of you and sending lots of vibes for Meadowbloom. I can imagine that being away is distressful for you at this time and I hope you soon get some better news.

I love RU vibes.

Meadow can come home at 12.30. :D I don't believe she is entirely out of the woods but she's had intensive nursing overnight at the vets with Erasmus for company. I still am very worried but hopefully Mum will be able to continue treatment and she and Mus can be comfortably reintroduced after their night away.

Mum is stressed over it as well. Meadow is not just special to me and E. Meadow, and Neo, were adopted in memory of her father (my grandad). She is such a wonderful little girlie.

I love RU vibes.

Meadow can come home at 12.30. :D I don't believe she is entirely out of the woods but she's had intensive nursing overnight at the vets with Erasmus for company. I still am very worried but hopefully Mum will be able to continue treatment and she and Mus can be comfortably reintroduced after their night away.

Mum is stressed over it as well. Meadow is not just special to me and E. Meadow, and Neo, were adopted in memory of her father (my grandad). She is such a wonderful little girlie.

Hugs xx

I didn't see your post last night, but am thrilled that she's had intensive nursing and it's paid off :)

MEADOW IS HOME!!!!!

I'm not entirely sure what is going on with her as Mum isn't great at remembering drug names and recalling exactly what is wrong. However, she has some recovery feed, some meloxaid (plus a new bottle of meloxaid for Elphie flump), some gut stimulant, and something else? She's still subdued but brighter than she has been in the past 48 hours. Mum said that my little bear has some kind of tummy bug but that doesn't mean much to me with the information that I have right now.

She and Erasmus Chipper have been easily reintroduced to the group with no issues, thank goodness. The group was just too big for them all to go. Athena had initially gone with them but my poor grey eyed beauty was scared to death so went straight home last night.

We have had a huge vet bill but she's worth every penny. :love:

I will keep updating as I can because it's the only way I'll stay sane with this right now.

I hope she has improved further since being allowed home, sending lots more vibes xx

MEADOW IS HOME!!!!!

I'm not entirely sure what is going on with her as Mum isn't great at remembering drug names and recalling exactly what is wrong. However, she has some recovery feed, some meloxaid (plus a new bottle of meloxaid for Elphie flump), some gut stimulant, and something else? She's still subdued but brighter than she has been in the past 48 hours. Mum said that my little bear has some kind of tummy bug but that doesn't mean much to me with the information that I have right now.

She and Erasmus Chipper have been easily reintroduced to the group with no issues, thank goodness. The group was just too big for them all to go. Athena had initially gone with them but my poor grey eyed beauty was scared to death so went straight home last night.

We have had a huge vet bill but she's worth every penny. :love:

I will keep updating as I can because it's the only way I'll stay sane with this right now.

Great news :D

Perhaps there's some Zantac/Ranitidine in there too? x

Meadow still hasn't been observed to be eating willingly and occasionally has a mucky bottom. Would this be due to our trying to kick start her system back into sync? I've told mum to give her a small butt bath if necessary. Apparently she's willingly taking medication and recovery feed which is great. Mum is doing a sterling job but I can't help but wish I was there and being hands-on. It's so hard knowing she is so poorly and being so far away.

Meadow still hasn't been observed to be eating willingly and occasionally has a mucky bottom. Would this be due to our trying to kick start her system back into sync? I've told mum to give her a small butt bath if necessary. Apparently she's willingly taking medication and recovery feed which is great. Mum is doing a sterling job but I can't help but wish I was there and being hands-on. It's so hard knowing she is so poorly and being so far away.

How are things now T?

Back