• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

GLOUCESTERSHIRE RABBIT RESCUE NEEDS SOME ADOPTEES!!

Hello, Alice from AJ's Rabbit and Guinea Pig Rescue here. Between us (me near Westbury on Severn, Jane at Ruspidge and an overspill at Clevedon nr Bristol) we have over 100 rabbits! They are not all looking for homes many were resident before the 'rescue venture' started and we get so attached to some they become part of the fixtures. However, I am having to turn rescues away, not necessarily because of space but because of the time it takes to look after small furries. We really try to keep our standards as high as we can by neutering and vaccinating but until we get some adoption fees in we are scraping the bottom of the money barrel so even when we take them in it can take ages to get them fixed up with their bunny love!

If you like a challenge some of our bunnies have 'special needs', a few of pairs are aggressive, ranging from very to quite to now and then! One little chap actually used to fly at my face - he has calmed down but I feel both in this pair need lots and lots of space. They are currently in a 6ft hutch with a 6ft run and this is not enough.

We also have pairs and one trio who are ready to make super loving pets straight away as they have no hangups and are happy to be!

Well anyone with the space, time and commitment who is able to adopt, love and adore any of our lovely Bunnets please let me know!

Alice

i do feel for you alice its the same here, i am beginning to overflow into the office with 10 currently being housed indoors and 45 outdoors and the bad weather hasnt arrived yet, i just wish i could help out, but good luck on finding forever homes for your babies.

Hi Alice, I would help regularly if I lived a bit closer, and were not so full up ourselves all the time.
It is so sad that all these bunnies are seeking homes :?

If I can foster one or two long term, especially those with special needs I am happy to help.

Best wishes, and I think you are lovely people doing so much to help the bunnies :D

Hi Alice and Jane, I am in Gloucester!!! I wish I could help out but I have 11 already in quite a small house and garden - I do hope you can sort something out. Bless you for what you do for the bunnies.

Back