• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Animal safe Carpet cleaner recommendations please!

amybunnies

New Kit
Hiya,
We have our new bunnies in the lounge and when we are home they have free reign, they seem to have mastered the litter tray most of the time but have a thing against my partner and keeping weeping on him or near him. We put them in the litter tray and soak up the wee and put this in the litter tray when it happens but my question is, does anyone recommend an animal friendly carpet cleaner/stain remover that I can use in the lounge to clean up any accidents. I want to ensure we are eliminating the smell from the carpet and sofa so they don’t think they can keep seeing there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rugdoctor have an pet safe detergent if you want to clean it with a machine. If not white vinegar tends to do the job, although your room will smell like a chippy while it dries!

Yes I recommend the rug doctor too, I've hired the machine a couple of times to clean the carpets and my 2 house bunnies have been fine with it. They also do a spray to use by hand if there's just a small area you want to clean. You can hire the machines and buy the products from the likes of Asda, B&Q, Homebase etc.

Back