• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hammies no names yet :)

Graciee

Staff member
So the larger whiter blur is the mum. I've no clue how old she is. And the small one is the baby, whos had a stroke and walks in circles. They were dumped as I think the mum is old and they were hoping they'd put the baby down.. Both female, no clue what to call them but here they are [emoji38] also gunna take them to the vet for a check up, pets at homes vets have already looked at them, but I'd like to make sure that the little one is okay to still be here..

Mum actually is very caring towards the little one, which is sweet to see, currently snuggled up together asleep :)

Any name suggestions? :)
c04bd5024a59003d15bae6d1b729581e.jpg
5c5eed4908dc12b24fc774381d11c379.jpg
4dfdb4c1f5e66ce373801a781acf9bbf.jpg
0220570602c3763e9a08d0aa0eac0e3f.jpg

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Wahoo go Gracie!

These are like my hammies! - I've steal not named mine. Maybe I can still some from this thread :D

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Wahoo go Gracie!

These are like my hammies! - I've still not named mine. Maybe I can still some from this thread :D

Ah yea! Are yours males or females? :)

Tell you what, the mum hammie makes Gus my syrian look slow... [emoji38] She's so so quick!

d'aaww, looks like my parents little robo :) he lives by himself unfortunately, I'd love for him to have a friend but he ended up attacked by every hamster they tried to pair him with :( he as a lot of little holes in his ears, adds to the cuteness I suppose. he gets plenty of attention from us, but he's very shy. I've tried to tame him but he leaves holes in me or gets so distressed, so we stick to a good relationship of treats and food refills :lol:

they are damn quick - I never realised.

Ah yea! Are yours males or females? :)

Tell you what, the mum hammie makes Gus my syrian look slow... [emoji38] She's so so quick!

I have two brothers that are in separate cages. Apparently they used to live together but had a massive fight and i was instructed never to put them together

I have two brothers that are in separate cages. Apparently they used to live together but had a massive fight and i was instructed never to put them together

Ahh! Gosh I hope these two don't fall out... [emoji51][emoji51][emoji51] Feel like the disabled one needs it's mum..

That's a point tho... They reckon the disabled one is a baby... Does that mean the mum will attack it at some point to get rid? Or will they just be okay together..? I need a hamster experts opinion I think [emoji51][emoji38]

Ahh! Gosh I hope these two don't fall out... [emoji51][emoji51][emoji51] Feel like the disabled one needs it's mum..

That's a point tho... They reckon the disabled one is a baby... Does that mean the mum will attack it at some point to get rid? Or will they just be okay together..? I need a hamster experts opinion I think [emoji51][emoji38]

I don't know! DP might know.

Very cute hammies though!

https://imgur.com/a/ClQjgoS

this is the little one moving... kinda makes me sad :( everyone in the shop thought it was irresistibly cute? and kept turning people who wanted them away? :( Idk, need to get a suitable cage, I have a large spare tank tbh, but I don't actually know what's best for this little one.

https://imgur.com/a/ClQjgoS

this is the little one moving... kinda makes me sad :( everyone in the shop thought it was irresistibly cute? and kept turning people who wanted them away? :( Idk, need to get a suitable cage, I have a large spare tank tbh, but I don't actually know what's best for this little one.

Oh dear! This poor little one. Makes me very sad and obviously she can’t continue like this. Very lucky you took them and will do your best for them.

Could it be an ear infection affecting balance rather than a stroke?

Think it's called waltzing...??

Last edited:
Thinking Russian:

Starshaya -means 'older'
Detka - means 'baby'

They are cute. Hope baby can still have a good life, eat/drink

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Could it be an ear infection affecting balance rather than a stroke?

Think it's called waltzing...??

Not sure... I'm gunna take them to my vet on Thursday with the buns, as I want to be sure. The vet that looked at her already said she's suffered a stroke and had neurological issues now. Ima see what William thinks though.

Ah I'll Google that term thank you!

I've only ever seen something similar once, in a mouse. The vet I saw diagnosed a stroke and put to sleep, but I think it was just an assumption. I regret that I didn't at least think of the ear infection possibility at the time. I'll be so interested to hear what happens on this one.

You've done a good thing. :)

Thinking Russian:

Starshaya -means 'older'
Detka - means 'baby'

They are cute. Hope baby can still have a good life, eat/drink

I thought roborovski hammies were from China... Am I being dumb? [emoji38] Gunna have to Google this! Cute name idea tho :D

Also she can eat and drink, she was struggling in store with the water bottle one of the reasons I took them honestly, I got one of those dripper bottles, she's had a good drink :)

She doesn't look as bad as the mouse I mentioned - she had to sort of crawl/drag herself to the food to stop herself from rolling.

She doesn't look as bad as the mouse I mentioned - she had to sort of crawl/drag herself to the food to stop herself from rolling.
Blimey :( yea tbh so far she gets around okay, she's loving the treats and exploring, we'll see, I couldn't leave them there, breaks my heart that someone dumped them :(

I thought roborovski hammies were from China... Am I being dumb? [emoji38] Gunna have to Google this! Cute name idea tho :D

Also she can eat and drink, she was struggling in store with the water bottle one of the reasons I took them honestly, I got one of those dripper bottles, she's had a good drink :)

Errr lol - I always thought they were Russian haha. Wiki says China, Mongolia and Kazakhstan.

Your on your own then I ain't going back on Google Translate lol

Errr lol - I always thought they were Russian haha. Wiki says China, Mongolia and Kazakhstan.

Your on your own then I ain't going back on Google Translate lol

Haha! They don't have to be themed! [emoji38]

Back