• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Can rabbits develop lumps from a bite?

Leannean27

Alpha Buck
The never ending problem bunny Luna got nipped by Ralph just over a week ago now and it scabbed over. The scabs have since come off but have been replaced by raised lumps which almost look like hard warts. I can't see any pus behind them. Anyone else had this, will it go back to normal?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

The never ending problem bunny Luna got nipped by Ralph just over a week ago now and it scabbed over. The scabs have since come off but have been replaced by raised lumps which almost look like hard warts. I can't see any pus behind them. Anyone else had this, will it go back to normal?

Without being able to see it it's hard to comment. Sometimes scar tissue can be raised. If you are concerned I'd get your Vet to take a look at them :)

Good idea, pic below. I'm not too worried as it doesn't look infected or inflamed at all and will keep an eye on it just wondered if anyone experienced anything similar..
1a37ba897f7aacfac87215bba29bc3d3.jpg

Good idea, pic below. I'm not too worried as it doesn't look infected or inflamed at all and will keep an eye on it just wondered if anyone experienced anything similar..

Bites on the ear can leave a permanent lump. It's impossible to be certain from looking at a photo, but the lump does not look to be infected. To be on the safe side I'd get the Vet to check it as as has been pointed out by Tonibun, bite wounds can develop into an abscess. I would be very surprised if this was the case for Luna though. The raised area looks like scar tissue in the photo.

Leanne - this one looks like it will resolve itself completely without intervention.

I do find that scars and stuff on ears can take a few weeks to fully disappear though.

I hope so, I'm going to keep an eye on it and if it gets any larger taking her straight to vets.

Ralph has become a little nipper lately, he got me on the arm earlier when I had my arm in 'his' run, :roll:

Back